There were victories for Jennifer Allum and Liam Maybank at the North Hampshire Road Club 10-mile time trial near Bentley on Saturday.
Maybank, 47 and from Surrey, clocked 19-26 to take the win overall by ten seconds. The Twickenham CC rider beat rival Paul Burton (Paceline RT) into second spot, while Simon McNamara (South Downs Bikes) was another 18 seconds back in third.
And in the women’s category Allum, the 34-year-old TORQ Performance rider, covered the H10/8 course in 22-38 to win by more than a minute from junior Kate Wootton (Lee Valley Youth CC), with veteran Rachel Green (Cheltenham & County CC) third, over three minutes further off the pace.
Hillingdon Slipstreamers were celebrating a win in the junior/juvenile category, with Alex Franks clocking 23-01 to win that category.
The popular course near Bentley in Hampshire takes riders along the A31 Alton Road, starting just east of Bentley and heading south west to the turn at Holybourne just before Alton, before retracing up to the finish.
It was Maybank’s second victory of 2019 according to his CTT record, having also won the Crawley Wheelers sporting 41.6-mile event in April.
But he is rarely far away from a podium, having placed second in the Kingston Wheelers sporting 13.6-mile TT and Redhill CC sporting 18 back in February, the North Hampshire RC 18.5 in March, the Farnborough and Camberley CC 25 in April as well as the High Wycombe CC 10 two weeks ago.
He is next due to be in action in the Portsmouth North End CC 25 on June 2.
Allum’s time of 22-38 is a personal best according to data on her CTT profile, 27 seconds better than her previous top time over ten miles.
She was fastest female and sixth overall in the Lee Valley CC 10 earlier in May, and was third woman in the Bath CC 10 in April.
She has entered the National Team Time Trial Championship next month, as well as the National 10-Mile Championships in August. Fingers crossed she gets a ride!
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) 19.26
2. Paul Burton (Paceline RT) 19.36
3. Simon McNamara (South Downs Bikes) 19.54
4. Tim Lynch (Aspire Velo RT) 19.55
5. Nick English (AeroCoach) 20.01
6. James Fox (VC Venta) 20.30
7. David Triska (Team Bottrill) 20.41
8. Chris Newberry (Redhill CC) 20.43
9. Neal Beauchamp (Rapha CC) 21.01
10. James Fawcett (a3crg) 21.05
1. Jennifer Allum (TORQ Performance) 22.38
2. Kate Wootton (Lee Valley YCC) 23.42
3. Rachel Green (Cheltenham & County CC) 26.54
Junior/Juvenile: Alex Franks (Hillingdon Slipstreamers) 23.01