Pat Wright raced to his second win of the weekend as Angela Radden-Rutt smashed the course record in the Southern Counties CU sporting 25 on Sunday.
After a fifth place and being the only female starter in her last two outings of 2019, Angela Radden-Rutt (JAM Cycle Race Team) put in a sensational ride to take victory in the women’s category on Sunday.
39-year-old Radden-Rutt scaled the undulating course in 1-08-30, reducing the previous course record by 16 seconds.
In the men’s category, Pat Wright (Paceline RT) made it two wins from two in the Southern Counties double header on the weekend.
Wright was nearly a minute better than second place, crossing the line in 55-36. In second place was Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers) and although in second, he found himself claiming the new veterans course record in 56-30.
Wright and Smith were in a class of their own with both being the only riders under the one-hour mark.
Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) wrapped up the podium spots in third with a time of 1-00-36.
Jamie Olsson (Giro Race Team) put in a fine performance to finish fourth overall despite completing the race on a road bike. Needless to say he won the road bike classifications with a time of 1-01-11.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Pat Wright (Paceline RT) 55.36
2. Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers) 56.30 (Vet Course Record)
3. Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) 1:00.36
4. Jamie Olsson (Giro Race Team) 1:01.11 (Road bike)
5. Dale Lush (Kingston Phoenix RC) 1:01.20
6. Dominic Hill (Bec CC) 1:01.21
7. Gareth Williams (Twickenham CC) 1:01.58
8. Stephen Williamson (a3crg) 1:02.36
9. James Goward (Farnborough & Camberley CC) 1:03.00
10. Rupert Robinson (Crawley Wheelers) 1:03.04
Women: Angela Radden-Rutt (JAM Cycle Race Team) 1:08.30 (Course Record)
Team: Crawley Wheelers (Smith, Robinson, Yule) 3:06.40