If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayden Allen made it back-to-back victories while Louise Hamilton was fastest woman in the Otley CC 50-mile time trial hosted in North Yorkshire on Sunday.
The pre-event talk surrounded former 24-hour National champion Andy Jackson’s comeback after crashing during this year’s running of the 24-hour title but Hayden Allen’s win quietened the crowd.
The victorious Allen (THRE Datawolves RT) made it consecutive wins in as many days after ten-mile victory on Saturday.
Allen crossed the line with a time of 1-48-24 to claim his fifth win of the season.
Andy Jackson (AeroCoach) – returning from injury due to a crash sustained in last month’s National 24-hour Championship – was the last rider out of the blocks and had the chance to better Allen’s time but fell 1-33 short of the winning time.
Jackson’s next endeavour will be tackling the National 12-hour Championship which is due to be staged in a week’s time on the 11th August in East Anglia.
Completing the podium, Stephen Ayres (Bronte Wheelers) finished third with a time of 1-50-32.
Louise Hamilton (Mountain Goat Coaching) powered to victory, making it consecutive event wins.
Hamilton clocked a time of 2-24-51 to give her a lead of over eight minutes to second place.
Claire Jessop (Otley CC) was the woman in second place with a time of 2-33-09.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Hayden Allen (THRE Datawolves) 1:48.24
2. Andy Jackson (AeroCoach) 1:49.57
3. Stephen Ayres (Bronte Wheelers) 1:50.32
4. Richard Dean (Rockingham CC) 1:52.17
5. Ian Mitchelson (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) 1:53.12
6. Marcel Schubert (Darlington CC) 1:54.58
7. Philip Graves (VC York) 1:55.34
8. Russell Brown (Valley Striders CC) 1:55.59
9. Mark Flannery (Team Swift) 1:57.28
10. Anthony Ashworth (Wetherby Wheelers) 1:58.26
1. Louise Hamilton (Mountain Goat Coaching) 2:24.51
2. Claire Jessop (Otley CC) 2:33.09