Andrew Feather took yet another victory as Mary Wilkinson was fastest female in the North Lancs Road Club hill-climb on Sunday.
Andrew Feather (BCR Racing) took the top step of the podium once again in familiar fashion.
Feather clocked a time of 3-42.2 over the 600-yard course to take the win by 4.6 seconds – a substantial margin over such a short distance. The win was Feather’s eighth of the year in 11 events so far and he will look to carry his form into the National Championships where he finished 12th last time out.
David Huck (Barrow Central Wheelers) has been consistent of anything over a short few events in 2018 finishing second in three of his previous four.
The 30-year-old posted a time of 03-46.8 but couldn’t better those previous bests as Feather was in a class of his own – Huck however was equally if not more so concise in his second place, finishing 10.6 seconds ahead of third placed man Jude Taylor (Team B38/Underpin).
Wilkinson (Yorkshire Road Club) clocked 4-49.7 to finish as fastest woman by more than a minute and a half from Susan Paterson (Honister 92), while Deborah Moss (Team Merlin) was third, just 0.1 seconds further back.
The victory for Wilkinson – who was second in last season’s National Hill Climb Championships - comes after she placed a narrow second by just 0.8 seconds to Fiona Burnie in the Lancashire Road Club climb the previous week.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Andrew Feather (BCR Racing) 03:42.2
2. David Huck (Barrow Central Wheelers) 03:46.8
3. Jude Taylor (Team B38/Underpin) 03:57.4
4. Andy Cunningham (Ilkley CC) 04:05.8
5. Niall Paterson (VC Cumbria) 04:21. 8
6. Lee Carter (Ribble Valley C&RC) 04:31.6
7. Francis Woodcock (Bury Clarion CC) 04:31.8
8. Thomas Hanlon (Team Chronomaster) 04.39.8
9. Aiden Holgate (North Lancs RC) 04:42.7
10. Paul Nelson (Ribble Valley Crossroads Care) 04:42.8
1. Mary Wilkinson (Yorkshire Road Club) 04:49.7
2. Susan Paterson (Honister 92) 06:21
3. Deborah Moss (Team Merlin) 06:21.1