David Mead and Ellie Cooper powered to victories in the Team Bottrill 10-mile time trial staged in Leicestershire on Sunday.
Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT ace Dave Mead secured yet another victory for the season and as he won by the skin of his teeth.
The 42-year-old was one of three riders under the 21-minute mark and clocked a time of 20-33, just enough to beat Jacob Tipper by two seconds.
Mead notched his fourth win of the 2018 season and has begun the year where he left off from last season.
Host club rider Mark Bottrill took to social media after the event, calling the efforts of those under the 21-minute mark as “mega rides”.
Second-placed man Jacob Tipper (Ribble Pro Cycling) stopped the clock on 20-35 in a time trial of the closest margins., while Jonathan Wears (Nopinz) was third, another 17 seconds adrift.
In the women’s category, Ellie Cooper (Race Hub) was on hand to take an impressive victory by a margin of 46 seconds ahead of Annabel Prow (Nottingham Clarion).
The 21-year-old Race Hub rider’s 24-50 time to be one of great significance for the season as she powered to her first win after previous and consistent bests of three second place finishes.
Second woman of the day Annabel Prow matched her feat of two weeks ago taking the proverbial silver medal after she clocked in at 25-36.
It was a busy day in Leicestershire with all categories represented and the Coalville Wheelers pair of Matthew Stretton and Millie Shaw took home prizes in the junior boys and girls with time of 22-37 and 29-35 respectively.
Anica Taylor (Belper BC) was fastest junior with the 15-year-old posting a time of 32-42.
Overall winner Dave Mead subsequently took the plaudits for fastest veteran on the day.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. David Mead (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 20.33
2. Jacob Tipper (Ribble Pro Cycling) 20.35
3. Jonathan Wears (Nopinz) 20.52
4. Michael Smith (Raw Sport) 21.29
5. Michael Cooke (Nottingham Clarion CC) 22.29
6. Matthew Stretton (Coalville Wheelers) 22.37
7. Tim Hood (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) 22.38
8. Michael Willis (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 23.02
9. R Ferguson (Beeston CC) 23.11
10. Steven Barrell (Mapperley CC) 23.14
1. Ellie Cooper (Race Hub) 24.50
2. Annabel Prow (Nottingham Clarion CC) 25.36
3. Pamela Moore (Coalville Wheelers)
Veterans: Dave Mead
Male: Matt Stretton
Female: Millie Shaw (Coalville Wheelers) 29.35
Juvenile: Anica Taylor (Belper BC) 32.42