Barry Charlton and Hannah Macdonald were the senior men’s and women’s winners as North Shropshire Wheelers staged their 25-mile time trial on Sunday morning.
Starting in Prees, the course runs on three Shropshire A-roads, the A49, A41 and A53, just West of Market Drayton.
It was the veteran Charlton that was untouchable on the day, as last rider off, he powered home in a time of 54.09 for a comfortable victory in the end.
The 51-year-old from Stoke on Trent won by one minute 42 seconds, less than 24 hours after recording a top 10 finish at the Withington Wheelers 10 in Cheshire.
It was a tight battle for the remaining podium places, with Wrexham RC man Dyfan Evans time of 55.51 enough to hold on to second place by a single second from Bryn Davies (Hafren CC).
The women’s competition saw another good battle, this time with Hannah Macdonald coming out on top.
The Liverpool Century rider posted a time of 59.14, beating off the challenge of Gina Riley (Chester RC) by just 12 seconds to claim victory, the only two riders under the one-hour mark.
Macdonald is having a good summer, with other wins coming at the Selby CC 10 and Birkenhead North End CC 25 both in July.
Claire Swoboda (Chorlton Velo) rounded off the top three and was also the fastest female veteran in a time of 1:01.16.
Thomas Stewart (Liverpool Century) had a strong showing to finish as fastest junior, a time of 57.04 saw him claim a place in the top 20.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Barry Charlton (Swinnerton Cycles) 54.09
2. Dyfan Evans (Wrexham RC) 55.51
3. Bryn Davies (Hafren CC) 55.52
4. Matt Gibbons (Nova Raiders CC) 56.01
5. Toby Williams (Liverpool Phoenix) 56.17
6. Ian Douglas (Newcastle RC) 56.20
7. Richard Kay (North Shropshire Whs) 56:25
8. Michael Hill (Chester RC) 56.31
9. Stuart Proctor (Revolutions Racing) 56.33
10. David Jones (Wrexham RC) 56.42
1. Hannah Macdonald (Liverpool Century) 59.14
2. Gina Riley (Chester RC) 59.26
3. Claire Swoboda (Chorlton Velo) 1:01.16
Junior: Thomas Stewart (Liverpool Century) 57.04