James Copeland broke the event record in the Brighton Mitre CC 10 event on Saturday with a time of 20.14.
The course doesn’t lend itself to the very quickest times due to some slight undulation and although conditions were good on the day, a chilly north breeze was a slight distraction for the riders as they headed out on the single carriageway course.
The early morning saw light traffic and Copeland took full advantage, completing 30 seconds quicker than Fareham Wheelers team mate Gary Chambers who had to settle for second.
Veteran In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT rider Pete Tadros was third with 20.51. Theo Tadros also enjoyed a successful outing, clocking a time of 24.00 to take the junior prize.
Home club rider Sarah Phelps was fastest woman, her time of 25.43 enough to see off the challenge of team mate Katerina Avramides who stopped the clock at 26.01 and Sharon Chladek (Crawley Wheelers CC) who finished in 27.02.
Pete and Theo Tadros won the team prize for In-GearQuickvit with Richard Gifford adding his time to the winning total.
Another In-Gear rider, Elliot Lipski, won the road bikes event with David Eccles and Jon Frost (Redmond CC) winning the tandem prize. Gavin Hinxman (Kettering CC) was the fastest in the medium gear event.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. James Copeland (Fareham Wheelers CC) 20.14
2. Gary Chambers (Fareham Wheelers CC) 20.44
3. Pete Tadros (In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT) 20.51
4. Nick Dwyer (Lewes Wanderers) 21.00
5. Gavin Hinxman (Kettering CC) 21.01
6. Mark Emsley (Team ASL360) 21.12
7. Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers CC) 21.33
8. Phil Allen (South Downs Bikes) 21.54
9. Christian Yates (East Grinstead CC) 21.56
10. Brindley Taylor (Crawley Wheelers) 22.00
Junior: Theo Tadros (In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT) 24.00
Team: In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT. Pete Tadros (20.51), Richard Gifford (22.13), Theo Tadros (24.00) 1:07.04
1. Sarah Phelps (Brighton Mitre CC) 25.43
2. Katerina Avramides (Brighton Mitre CC) 26.01
3. Sharon Chladek (Crawley Wheelers CC) 27.02
Veteran: Pete Tadros
Road bikes: Elliot Lipski (In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT) 21.41
Tandem: David Eccles and Jon Frost (Redmond CC) 24.30
Medium gear: Gavin Hinxman (Kettering CC) 23.15