Neon Velo rider Elliott Porter stormed to victory in the Southern Counties CU 25-mile time trial near Broadbridge Heath in West Sussex on Sunday morning.
The 24-year-old from Oxshott in Surrey covered the G25/54 Horsham to Crawley course in 51-01, winning by exactly a minute and a half from Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC), while Simon Mcnamara (South Downs Bikes) completed the podium in third with exactly 53 minutes.
Fourth spot was Conall Yates, who was the fastest of four In Gear-Quickvit RT riders in the top ten which helped give them the team prize, with Pete Tadros and Christian Yates joining Conall in the winning trio.
And in the women’s race, Michelle Arthurs-Brennan (unattached) proved fastest with 1-02-52, which was just 31 seconds quicker than second-placed Katie Crowe (Dulwich Paragon CC).
The event attracted 98 riders, and saw some impressive times despite a greasy surface from overnight rain, coupled with a challenging 31 roundabouts along the way.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Elliott Porter (Neon Velo) 51.01
2. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) 52.31
3. Simon Mcnamara (South Downs Bikes) 53.00
4. Conall Yates (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 53.15
5. James Rix (Crawley Wheelers) 53.21
6. Peter Tadros (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 53.29
7. Christian Yates (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 55.25
8. Richard Gifford (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 55.51
9. Henrik Persson (unattached) 56.01
10. David Pollard (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 56.03
Team: In Gear-Quickvit RT (Yates, Tadros, Yates) 1:42.09
Veterans on target time: David Pollard +15.15
Women: Michelle Arthurs-Brennan (unattached) 1:02.52