If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Louise Robinson (Essex Roads CC) and Aaron Freeman (Chelmer CC) were fastest female and male riders respectively as API Metrow staged the Zak Carr Memorial time trial over a ten mile course near Aythorpe Roding in Essex on Saturday.
Robinson, 44, clocked 23-25 to win the women’s prize by 1-25 from Jane Laine (Les Filles RT), while third of the females was Ann Shuttleworth (Cambridge CC).
And 18-year-old Freeman from Brentwood covered the E91/10a course in 20-20, giving him overall victory by 18 seconds from Simon Alexander (Richardson-Trek), while Tim Torrie (TBW23) was another 11 seconds back in third.
Despite there being no rain and little wind on Sunday it still proved to be a challenging day, with heavy rain the day before leaving greasy and gritty surfaces which contributed to just 33 of the 54 entrants actually finishing.
Team Vision Racing pair Dean Lubin and John Iszatt impressed on a tandem with a time of 22-09, while Lee Valley YCC’s William Gilbank clocked 24-07 to finish as top junior rider.
Although the first this season, Freeman’s victory is the latest of a few good performances in 2020 which have seen him place eighth in the National Junior 10-Mile Championships as well as 20th overall in the Cambridge CC 25.
He is next due to be in action in the National Closed Circuit Championship next weekend, and will then tackle the National Circuit Championships a week later.
Robinson’s win is the third on record this season, having also tasted victory in the Eastern Counties CA 10 and 25 last month.
The event was moved to the shorter ten-mile E91/10a course to help with organisational pressures, but it is still a challenging course. Riders head from Aythorpe Roding village hall north through High Roding to turn and retrace to the finish near Leaden Roding School.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Aaron Freeman (Chelmer CC) 20.20
2. Simon Alexander (Richardsons-Trek) 20.38
3. Tim Torrie (TBW23) 20.49
4. David Harding (Chelmer CC) 21.11
5. Jake Crossley (Tofauti Sales Engine) 21.43
6. Paul Turton (Team Vision Cycling) 21.59
7. Matthew Sanders (Team Vision Racing) 22.11
8. Graham Garner (Essex Roads CC) 22.16
9. Richard O’Rourke (Team Vision Racing) 23.10
10. Scott Beard (Shaftesbury CC) 23.18
1. Louise Robinson (Essex Roads CC) 23.25
2. Jane Paine (Les Filles RT) 24.50
3. Ann Shuttleworth (Cambridge CC) 26.18
Tandems: Dean Lubin & John Iszatt (Team Vision Racing) 22.09
Juniors: William Gilbank (Lee Valley YCC) 24.07