Kirsty McSeveney powered to a dominant victory with Neil Mackley taking the men’s prize in the Farnborough & Camberley CC 10-mile time trial in Bentley on Saturday.
With only one previous win on record this year, Neil Mackley (a3crg) braved what organisers branded ‘biblical’ rain and winds to take the top spot with a time of 21-47.
58-year-old Mackley finished third in this event last year missing out by over a minute, but his determination this time around was rewarded with a 20-second victory.
Grant Woodthorpe (Twickenham CC) was no stranger to the H10/8 course either but had only had a best finish of third on record.
Woodthorpe clocked 22-07, his slowest time in recorded open events, but battled through the conditions to take his highest placing of second on the H10/8 and doubling his win tally for 2019.
Colin McDermott (Festival Road Club) rounded off the podium placings in third with a time of 22-50.
In the women’s standings Kirsty McSeveney (a3crg) was imperious, taking victory by nearly four minutes in a time of 24-29.
McSeveney’s wins in 2019 must be counted on more than two hands with this dominant display capping a very good year for the 39-year-old.
Kirsty’s team-mate Lisa Mitchell finished second in 28-23 with Samantha Messenger (Bicester Millennium CC) in third with a time of 31-12.
In other categories, 15-year-old juvenile Felix Tuck (VC Meudon) was quickest under-18-year-old in 29-19.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Neil Mackley (a3crg) 21.47
2. Grant Woodthorpe (Twickenham CC) 22.07
3. Colin McDermott (Festival Road Club) 22.50
4. Edward Hales (London Dynamo) 22.51
5. Jon Hughes (Velo Club Godalming & Haslemere) 22.59
6. David Triska (Team Bottrill) 23.12
7. Matt Hill (Velo Club Godalming & Haslemere) 23.36
8. Desmond Gayler (Kenton RC) 23.53
9. Dave Dent (GS Stella) 23.54
10. Adam Page (Paceline RT) 24.07
1. Kirsty McSeveney (a3crg) 24.29
2. Lucy Mitchell (a3crg) 28.23
3. Samantha Messenger (Bicester Millennium CC) 31.12