Rachel Parkinson returned in style as Marcin Bialoblocki was an unstoppable force on the roads of Wales in the Bynea CC 25 on Sunday.
Multiple national champion Marcin Bialoblocki (Nopinz) was ruthless in squashing the previous R25/4 course record by a minute and a half. The 35-year-old competition record holder powered across the finish line in 48-11.
The Somerset-based Polish rider will inevitably be looking ahead to the start of the National Championships events that kick off next month – it will be a tough ask to replicate winning four national titles again like he did last season, but a task that he will be relishing.
Chris Gibbard (Bynea CC) finished second behind Bialoblocki with a time of 51-48 to record his eighth podium of the year so far, shaving one minute off his course personal best.
Gibbard’s team-mate Chris Jones had a great ride in finishing third after a second place in Saturday’s Llandovery open 10-mile TT, crossing the line in 55-48.
Fellow home club rider Rachel Parkinson returned to action this weekend and did so emphatically, smashing the nearest competition by over five minutes with a 1-14-21.
Parkinson returned to the saddle for her first open event since recovering from injury and will no doubt be motivated to compete more after such an incontestable performance.
Diane Hynam made it a Bynea CC 1-2 for the women’s standings in 1-19-44 while Port Talbot Wheelers’ Shirley Howell stopped the trend to finish third in 1-25-30.
Elsewhere, fastest junior was Iwan Evans (Dambusters) in 1-00-13 while Darrel Williams (Bynea CC) was quickest veteran on standard going +10-26 quicker than his standard time in 57-49.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Marcin Bialoblocki (Nopinz) 48.11
2. Chris Gibbard (Bynea CC) 51.48
3. Chris Jones (Bynea CC) 55.48
4. Guy Rees (Bynea CC) 57.07
5. Phil Willoughby (Towy Riders CC) 57.08
6. Darrel Williams (Bynea CC) 57.49
1. Rachel Parkinson (Bynea CC) 1:14.21
2. Diane Hynams (Bynea CC) 1:19.44
3. Shirley Howell (Port Talbot Wheelers) 1:25.30
Veteran: Darrel Williams (Bynea CC) +10.26
Junior: Iwan Evans (Dambusters) 1:00.13