Venda Louise Pollock and Graham Crammond powered to concise wins in the North East of England in the Blaydon CC hosted 23-mile open time trial on Sunday.
Crammond (Team Swift) has enjoyed a solid year so far finishing amongst the top-three on all but three occasions from his 11 started events.
Within those came three wins but with a commanding gap of 1-37 to second place, Crammond took his win tally to four with this victory near Mitford in Northumberland.
A time of 53-21 gave him the win as junior rider Daniel Dixon (Revolver Racing) finished a place behind, edging second place by a mere four seconds.
Dixon clocked 54-58 in his ‘silver medal’ placing; his best of the year on record.
Marcel Schubert (Darlington CC) has also enjoyed a solid year recording seven podiums prior to the race with three of those being victories.
Schubert posted a time of 55-02 to keep a healthy year of podiums going.
Venda Louise Pollock secured top prize for host club Blaydon CC in the women’s category with a forceful win as well as being top female veteran on standard.
Pollock clocked a winning time of 1-00-39, giving the her the fourth win of her year in open time trialling.
The 41-year-old topped the field by an impressive two minutes and nine seconds ahead of second place and teammate Joanne Rea.
Rea completed the circuit in 1-02-48 and over three minutes ahead of third-placed Jen McMahon (Muckle CC) who posted a time of 1-06-06.
In other categories, Phil Hall (Breeze Bikes RT) was fastest veteran in 56-10 finishing in sixth overall while eighth overall, Phillip Kennell (GS Metro) was fastest veteran on standard with a plus time of +11-46.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Graham Crammond (Team Swift) 53.21
2. Daniel Dixon (Revolver Racing) 54.58
3. Marcel Schubert (Darlington CC) 55.02
4. Lewis Wake (Team Kirkley Cycles) 55.34
5. Jay Pitt (Derwentside CC) 55.42
6. Phil Hall (Breeze Bikes RT) 56.10
7. Nicholas Stevenson (Wearside Triathlon) 56.27
8. Phillip Kennell (GS Metro) 56.40
9. Harry Walker (Revolver Racing) 56.45
10. Ben Lane (GS Metro) 56.47
1. Venda Louise Pollock (Blaydon CC) 1:00.39
2. Joanne Rea (Blaydon CC) 1:02.48
3. Jen McMahon (Muckle CC) 1:06.06
Veteran: Phil Hall
Veteran on Standard: Phillip Kennell +11.46