Pat Wright managed to carry his good form over from last year as he set the quickest time at the 34km Southdowns Bikes event in Storrington, west Sussex on Sunday.
Wright, who won over 10 miles in a Farnborough and Camberley CC event in December, was once again the fastest man on the day, clocking a time of 49.04 to take top prize.
The Paceline RT rider will be hoping to continue his good form in the Kingston Wheelers 13.6-mile event next weekend.
A time of 50.31 was enough to give Team Bottrill’s James Rix second place and the veteran prize and James Mapley of Blazing Saddles completed the podium, stopping the clock at 50.34, just three seconds down on Rix.
David Dent of GS Stella took second place in the veteran category with a +4.51, finishing ninth overall in 52.45 on a road bike. Third in the veteran category was Howard Bayley of Blazing Saddles with a +2.47.
Ria Woodfield of Kingston Wheelers was first woman back in 1:07.09 and Ali Walters of VC Godalming & Haslemere was second in 1:10.25. Michelle Lock of GS Stella was third in 1:11.16.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Pat Wright (Paceline RT) 49.04
2. James Rix (Team Bottrill – Vanguard) 50.31
3. James Mapley (Blazing Saddles) 50.34
4. Pete Morris (Team ASL) 50.58
5. Gary Chambers (NOPINZ) 51.47
6. Mark Emsley (Crawley Wheelers) 52.02
7. Stuart Bettis (SDB Casco) 52.08
8. John Cockrill (Abelio-SFA Racing) 52.38
9. David Dent (GS Stella) 52.45
10. Dan Pullen (Crawley Wheelers) 52.51
1. James Rix
2. David Dent
3. Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) +2.47
1. Ria Woodfield (Kingston Wheelers) 1:07.09
2. Ali Walters (VC Godalming & Haslemere) 1:10.25
3. Michelle Lock (GS Stella) 1:11.16