Jo Smith and Nic Fennell emerged victorious in the Thanet Road Club 10-mile time trial in Kent on Sunday morning.
Fennell (Thanet RC) was the only man under the 20 minute mark as he crossed the line as comfortable winner. A time of 19-29 beat his brother’s winning time of last year and held onto the top spot for the duration of the day.
The win is Fennell’s fifth open victory of the year – he last won in July when riding in the Gravesend CC 25.
Abellio – SFA Racing Team duo Dean Chiddention and Tom Rowing combined to lock out the podium with Chiddention in second and Rowing, third.
Chiddention is a prolific man in the top three and managed to edge his team-mate by five seconds for the runner-up spot with a time of 20-23.
Rowing made a welcome return to the podium having had a two month absence after a string of fourth places in recent times. His time of 20-28 led him to his first podium since the CC Bexley 10 in June, where he won.
Jo Smith rounded off a good day for the host club as she won the women’s category in convincing fashion.
A 23 dead time from Smith saw her finish an impressive 1-37 ahead of her nearest competitor Charmaine Pullen (Folkestone Velo Club).
Charmaine Pullen and Annette Nixon from Folkestone Velo Club finished second and third with Pullen edging the affair by 10 second, coming home in 24-37.
In the junior class, Cameron Kemp (Quick Release CC) topped the day in 23-12 whilst Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com) was the quickest veteran on standard as he finished +6-05 better than set time.
The team prize comfortably went to Abellio – SFA Racing Team with three riders featuring in the top six. Chiddention and Rowing who finished second and third were joined by John Cockrill as the trio combined for a time of 1-01-33.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Nic Fennell (Thanet RC) 19.29
2. Dean Chiddention (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 20.23
3. Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 20.28
4. Oliver Robinson (Team Wiggins) 20.38
5. Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com) 20.41
6. John Cockrill (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 20.42
7. Martin Jones (Gemini BC) 20.46
8. Antony Bee (Wigmore CC) 20.59
9. John Osborn (Folkestone Velo Club) 21.01
10. Nicholas Scott (Thanet RC) 21.03
1. Jo Smith (Thanet RC) 23.00
2. Charmaine Pullen (Folkestone Velo Club) 24.37
3. Annette Nixon (Folkestone Velo Club) 24.47
Junior: Cameron Kemp (Quick Release CC) 23.12
Veteran on Std: Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com) +6.05