If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamish Bond (AeroCoach) broke the course record on his way to victory in the Jack McAllister Memorial 25-mile time trial, staged in Shropshire by Birkenhead North End CC on Sunday.
A double Olympic gold medallist in rowing for New Zealand, 32-year-old Bond clocked 47-31 to take the win on the day by an impressive 9-05, with Stourbridge Velo’s Nigel Jones taking second and Steve Aston (Wrexham RC) third, another 30 seconds back.
Fastest female was North Shropshire Wheelers’ Linda Beckett, the 45-year-old who covered the D25/8e course near Tilstock in 1-20-30.
Fourth overall, Seamons CC rider Chris Siepen was best of the veterans, while the team prize went to the Crewe Clarion Wheelers trio of Graham Peel, Alan Chiel and Mark Curley.
It was Bond’s second open time trial of the season so far, and comes after a winning performance in the Oxonian CC 25-mile event last weekend when he clocked 45-52.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Hamish Bond (AeroCoach) 47.31
2. Nigel Jones (Stourbridge Velo) 56.36
3. Steve Aston (Wrexham RC) 57.06
4. Chris Siepen (Seamons CC) 57.19
5. Colin Hayes (Liverpool Century RC) 58.05
6. Ian Cook (Chester RC) 58.45
7. Dean Dovey (Walsall RCC) 58.54
8. Mark Donnelly (Birkenhead North End CC) 58.56
9. Alan Cheil (Crewe Clarion Wh) 59.22
10. Stephen Turner (Westmead Team 88) 59.31
Women: Linda Beckett (North Shropshire Wh) 1:20.30
Veterans: Chris Siepen
Team: Crewe Clarion Wheelers (Graham Peel, Alan Chiel, Mark Curley)