If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Reigning national hill-climb champion Adam Kenway recorded another victory in his home county at the Belper BC hill climb on Saturday, with Jessica Denman the fastest woman.
In the final event before his title defence next weekend, Kenway (Raleigh GAC) rounded off his preparations in the best way possible on the Holly Lane climb in Ambergate.
The 30-year-old from Belper was last man off, clocking 3:21.8 to steal the victory from Mike Morris by 1.8 seconds.
The 2016 national champion has been on the podium in every hill climb he has competed in in 2017, this victory taking him to the top step for the fourth race on the bounce after October successes at the Chesterfield Coureurs, Bolsover & District CC and Sheffrec CC climbs.
Morris (NFTO Race Club) was penultimate rider to start and briefly led after going 3.8 seconds faster the Joseph Clark (Cycling Sheffield-Giant), the pair having to settle for settle for second and third place respectively.
The women’s event was equally competitive on Saturday afternoon, the top three again split by just six seconds.
It was Jessica Denman (Ilkeston CC) that came out on top, claiming victory in 5:36.2 by just eight tenths of a second.
Sally Maitland (Beeston CC) had to settle for second whilst Melissa Denman (RPD Racing) was third just 5.1 seconds further back.
Elsewhere, a strong ride from Alex Raynard (Matlock CC) saw him claim fastest junior, the 17-year-old from Ashbourne clocking 3:51.6 for a creditable fourth place finish overall.
Tony Grassby was the day’s leading veteran, the Peak RC man stopped the watch in 4:16.1 for 14th in the overall standings.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Adam Kenway (Raleigh GAC) 3:21.8
2. Mike Morris (NFTO Race Club) 3:23.6
3. Joseph Clark (Cycling Sheffield-Giant) 3:27.4
4. Alex Raynard (Matlock CC) 3:51.6
5. Jake Birkin (Clay Cross RT) 3:52.7
6. James King (OVB) 3:53.1
7. Gordon Kalowak (Derby Tri Club) 3:57.1
8. Thomas Wocial (Univ of Nottingham CC) 4:00.3
9. Rick Bailey (B38-Underpin Racing) 4:00.4
10. Oliver Bridgwood (Spokes BPC Racing) 4:03.6
1. Jessica Denman (Ilkeston CC) 5:36.2
2. Sally Maitland (Beeston CC) 5:37.0
3. Melissa Denman (RPD Racing) 5:42.3
Veterans: Tony Grasby (Peak RC) 4:16.1
Juniors: Alex Raynard