David Mead and Rachael Elliott were the respective men’s and women’s winners at the Rugby RCC 10-mile event in Warwickshire on Saturday afternoon.
A competitive field of 130 riders took to the course on the A45 just outside Coventry with several prizes on offer, but it was Mead who took top £50 prize with an impressive display.
The Lutterworth Cycles Centre RT man was the only competitor under the 20-minute mark, stopping the clock at 19.32 for a sizable winning margin of 34 seconds.
The 41-year-old from Nuneaton has been racking up the podiums in 2017 and has several wins to his name, including the Leicester Forest CC and Worcester St Johns 25-mile events.
Daniel Barnett (Team Bottrill) was second best with 20.04, whilst Ryan Kenworthy (Leisure Lakes Bikes) was third just three seconds adrift.
Rachael Elliott claimed the top prize in the women’s race with another impressive ride on Saturday.
The Drag2Zero rider was part of the trio, along with Kate Allan and Alice Lethbridge, that smashed the women’s team competition record at the Shaftesbury CC 50 two weeks ago.
Elliott followed that success with wins over ten miles at the Watford Velo Sport a3crg events and her form shows no sign of stopping, the 39-year-old from Newbury stopped the clock in 21.15, giving her a sizable 50 second gap of the rest of the field.
Liz Powell (Mike Vaughan Cycles) finished second, with Lucy Davies (Arctic Tacx RT) a further minute back, completing the top three.
Amongst the other prize winners were sixth place Simon Garrett (Worcester St Johns CC) who claimed the veteran prize Richard Howes (Coventry Road Club) who was eight overall claiming the best veteran on standard, and Isaac Russell (Derby Mercury RC) who was fastest junior.
Also taking place was the Midlands qualifier for the National Youth Championships with Jacob Reid (Solihull CC) and Aimee Lane (Wyre Forest Cycle RC) the fastest boy and girl respectively.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. David Mead (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 19.32
2. Daniel Barnett (Team Bottrill/HSS Hire) 20.04
3. Ryan Kenworthy (Leisure Lakes Bikes) 20.07
4. Robert Gibbons (Hinckley CRC) 20.12
5. James Perkins (Team Bottrill/HSS Hire) 20.15
6. Simon Garrett (Worcester St Johns CC) 20.23
7. David Kiernan (Lutterworth Cycle Centre RT) 20.24
8. Thomas Key (Primera-Teamjobs) 20.29
9. Richard Howes (Coventry Road Club) 20.40
10. Kris Bowditch (Lyme Racing Club) 20.45
1. Rachael Elliott (Drag2zero) 21.15
2. Liz Powell (Mike Vaughan Cycles) 22.05
3. Lucy Davies (Arctic Tacx RT) 23.04
4. Annis Moore (Walsall Roads Cycling Club) 23.47
5. Rebecca Mason (Coventry Road Club) 24.56
Vet on Std: Richard Howes (Coventry Road Club) +6.40
Veteran Prize Winners:
40-44: Simon Garrett (Worcester St Johns CC) 20.23
45-49: Christopher Halford (Stourbridge Velo) 21.14
50-54: Simon Law (Klin Cut Apparel TNC) 21.03
55-59: David Schofield-Newton (LeisureLakesBikes.com) 21.28
60-64: John Bourton (Bicester Millenium CC) 23.00
65-59: Philip Brown (Walsall Roads Cycling Club) 22.24
70+: Barrie Mitchell (Team Jewson – MI Racing) 23.39
Junior: Isaac Russell (Derby Mercury RC) 22.59