Peter Lawrence of Team Bottrill won the 50-mile Veteran Time Trial Association East Anglia event on Saturday.
Held at Six Mile Bottom in Cambridgeshire, the event saw 45-year-old Lawrence clock a time of 1:46.09 to clinch the win.
Mick Hodson of Bedfordshire Road RT finished runner-up, completing 1.22 down on Lawrence.
The 47-year-old was the fastest rider over the first 25 miles of the course in 49.01 but couldn’t maintain the required pace.
Team Velovelocity’s Dave Green completed the podium, the 53-year-old finishing 18 seconds down on Hodson in 1:47.49.
The winner of the women’s category was Susan Triplow. The 50-year-old Essex Roads rider stopped the clock at 2:01.19 to finish 30th overall.
In second was Rebecca Murley of Wisbech Wheelers in 2:07.22 and third was Zoe Whiteside of Team Bottrill – HSS Hire in 2:09.14.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Peter Lawrence (Team Bottrill – HSS Hire) 1:46.09
2. Mick Hodson (Bedfordshire Road RT) 1:47.31
3. Dave Green (Team Velovelocity) 1:47.49
4. Joe Le Sage (Rutland CC) 1:50.07
5. Gray Turnock (Finsbury Park RC) 1:50.37
6. Paul David Fleming (Preston Wheelers) 1:50.50
7. David Procter (Team Velovelocity) 1:51.14
8. Paul Vickers (West Suffolk Wheelers and TC) 1:51.21
9. Robert Watson (Team Bottrill – HSS Hire) 1:51.35
10. Scott Leverington (Springfield Financial RT) 1:51.45