If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
In-form Keith Murray (Drag2zero) secured his seventh consecutive victory as he won Hartlepool CC’s 10-mile time trial on the T105 course at Sedgefield, County Durham, on Sunday.
Murray, 42 and from Darlington, covered the course in 19.56 to get under the 20-minute mark for the first time on that course. It gave him the win by 46 seconds from Shaun Tyson (Adept Precision RT), while junior Adam Jarps (Manilla Cycling) was third, another 17 seconds off the pace.
The win was Murray’s eighth of the season, and continues a run of seven wins in a row since he was victorious in the Bishop Auckland hilly 32 at the beginning of April.
Team Swift’s Alex Smethurst was fastest woman with 23.42, and while Murray was also the pick of the veterans on standard, Adept Precision were the fastest team on standard with Tyson being joined in the winning trio by Dan Evans and Neil Foster.
Overnight rain made for wet road surfaces early in the event, but it dried up for the later starters who faced only light winds. From an entry of 73, there were 58 starters.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Keith Murray (Drag2zero) 19.56
2. Shaun Tyson (Adept Precision RT) 20.42
3. Adam Jarps (Manilla Cycling) 20.59
4. Paul Thirling (Hartlepool CC) 21.20
5. Mark Wolstenholme (Team Swift) 21.21
6. Gray Walker (Richmond CC) 21.22
7. Harry Walker (Team Swift) 21.34
8. Rob Chaplin (East London Velo) 21.38
9. Kris Atkin (Team Bottrill) 21.41
10. Neville Martin (GS Metro) 21.44
Women: Alex Smethurst (Team Swift) 23.42
Veterans on standard: Keith Murray +6.13
Team on standard: Adept Precision RT (Shaun Tyson, Dan Evans, Neil Foster).
Juniors: Adam Jarps