If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Becky Lewis (Mid-Shropshire Wheelers) and Joshua Williams (Team Bottrill-HSS Hire) both broke course records as they raced to victory in the Mid-Shropshire Wheelers 50 near Tilstock on Sunday.
Lewis, 36 and from Ellesmere in Shropshire, clocked 2:03.24 to break the course record and also the long-standing club record for the Mid-Shropshire Wheelers, breaking Joan Morris’s 1983 time by four seconds.
That gave her the win on the day by more than nine minutes from vet Catherine Coley (Worcester St Johns CC).
And in the men’s event, Joshua Williams (Team Bottrill) broke the course record and set a new personal best time of 1:45.50 to win the event by a whopping 7-16 from team-mate Graham Kemp, while third spot went to Derek Parkinson (Springfield Financial) who was another two minutes slower.
It was the latest in a string of good results for Williams, the 25-year-old who is also from Ellesmere in Shropshire. He won the opening round of the Knight Composites Classic TT Series, and was second in round three, as well as winning Mid-Shropshire Wheelers’ 25-mile event last month.
And Lewis’s win is not her first this season, coming after her win in the women’s category at Nova Raiders’ 25-mile event, as well as the Frodsham Wheelers 22 back in March.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Joshua Williams (Team Bottrill-HSS Hire) 1:45.50
2. Graham Kemp (Team Bottrill) 1:53.06
3. Derek Parkinson (Springfield Financial RT) 1:55.06
4. Victor Chetta (Mid-Shropshire Wheelers) 1:57.13
5. Chris Edmundson (Velotik RT) 1:58.21
6. Mark Jones (Wrexham Road Club) 1:58.44
7. Bryn Davies (Hafren CC) 2:00.55
8. Stuart Proctor (Revolution Racing) 2:01.18
9. Colin Hayes (Liverpool Century RC) 2:01.36
10. Richard Kay (North Shropshire Wh) 2:01.37
1. Becky Lewis (Mid-Shropshire Wheelers) 2:03.24
2. Catherine Coley (Worcester St Johns CC) 2:12.25
3. Pauline Hughes (Revolution Racing) 2:15.02
Juniors: Sam Morris (Revolution Racing) 2:08.35