Kieron Davies (Drag2zero) powered to an impressive victory by almost two minutes in the Royal Dean Forest CC 25-mile time trial, staged on the R25/7 course from Usk to Monmouth on Sunday.
The 30-year-old from St Clear near Carmarthen clocked 48.24 to win by 1-48 from Paceline RT’s Pat Wright, while the men’s podium was completed by Sean Townsend (Gloucester City CC), another 2-13 off the pace.
The 70 entrants were faced with moderate winds and dull conditions early on with light drizzle for the first 25-mile event of the season in South Wales.
First and second in the women’s category were VeloSistas TT Team riders Andrea Parish and Nadine Cannon with 1:02.17 and 1:02.36 respectively, while Claire Hann (Bristol & District Triathletes) took third with 1:03.18.
The fastest of the veterans on standard was Nigel Clementson (Wigan Wheelers) with 57:04, while second spot went to Anthony Jones (Towy Racing Cycling Club) with 54:56 and third was Simon Coles (Northover VT) with 55:48.
And the team winners were Severn Valley Cycles with their successful trio being made up on Rob Hussey, Paul Jones and Luke Bodley who combined for a time of 2:53:01.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Kieron Davies DRAG2ZERO 48:24
2. Pat Wright Paceline RT 50:12
3. Sean Townsend Gloucester City Cycling Club 52:25
4. Paul Jones Severn Valley Cycles 54:27
5. Anthony Jones Towy Racing Cycling Club (TRCC) 54:56
6. Michael Davis Dursley Road Club 55:35
7. Simon Coles Northover VT / Rudy Project 55:48
8. David Bucknall Royal Dean Forest Cycle Club 56:27
9. Andrew Legge Bristol South Cycling Club 56:46
10. Rob Hussey Severn Valley Cycles 56:54
1. Andrea Parish (VeloSistas TT Team) 1:02.17
2. Nadine Cannon (VeloSistas TT Team) 1:02.36
3. Claire Hann (Bristol and Dist Tri) 1:03.18
Veterans on std: Nigel Clementson (Wigan Wheelers) 57.04
Team: Severn Valley Cycles (Hussey, Jones, Bodley) 2:53.01