Lloyd Chapman (Equipe-Catford-Banks) continued his string of early season victories with a win in the CC Breckland 10-mile time trial in Norfolk on Saturday.
The 27-year-old from Martlesham near Ipswich covered the course from Hingham to Carbrooke and back in a course record-breaking time of 20.18, giving him the win on the day by 27 seconds from last year’s runner-up Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity) while Charlie Nurse (North Norfolk Wheelers) was another 37 seconds back in third.
With a win in the previous weekend’s classic North Road CC hardriders 22-mile time trial already in his list of 2017 wins, Chapman stormed to victory in impressive fashion.
Fastest of the women was VC Norwich rider Jen Smart with 26.09 – almost a minute quicker than her winning time in the same event 12 months earlier, while the best junior was Wigmore CC’s Lyster Romero with 21.50, which was the seventh fastest time on the day across all categories.
Sleaford Wheelers’ Jim Boyle was the fastest veteran on standard with a plus of 5.06, while his actual time of 21.48 gave him sixth overall. Second vet on standard was David Procter (Team Velovelocity) whose time of 22.15 gave him joint eighth overall and a plus of 4.49.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
* Above photograph of Lloyd Chapman at the CC Breckland 10 is by Fergus Muir.
1. Lloyd Chapman (Banks-Catford-Equipe) 20.18 (course record)
2. Daniel Bloy (Team Velovelocity) 20.45
3. Charlie Nurse (North Norfolk Wheelers) 21.22
4. Jotge Veira (King’s Lynn CC) 21.28
5. Stuart Fairweather (Team Velovelocity) 21.30
6. Jim Boyle (Sleaford Wheelers) 21.48
7. Lyster Romero (Wigmore CC) 21.50
=8. Robert Golding (Ely and Dist CC) 22.15
=8. David Proctor (Team Velovelocity) 22.15
=8. Antony Birt (Team Bottrill-HSS Hire) 22.15
Veterans on std: Jim Boyle +5.06
Juniors: Lyster Romero
Women: Jen Smart (VC Norwich) 26.09