James Rix (Crawley Wheelers) took victory at the Crawley Wheelers 10 on Saturday, finishing with a comfortable ten second cushion on runner-up Peter Tadros (In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT) on the challenging G10/57 course near Broadbridge Heath in West Sussex.
Rix last Tasted victory in May with successive wins at the Old Portlians CC and ACME Wheelers CC respectively, but was an assured first place on 20.04 at Crawley following a busy recent schedule.
Runner-up Tadros on 20.14 missed out top spot despite coming off the back of a rich vein of successful rides, finishing first at the Bec CC, VTTA and Southborough and District Wheelers in recent weeks.
Brindley Taylor came in third, the Crawley Wheelers rider finishing ten seconds behind Tadros and ten ahead of fourth place Tom Pritchard, whilst Gary Brind (South Downs Bikes / Casco Europe) came in fifth.
The fastest woman finisher was Tamar Vanderhaas (Lewes Wanderers CC) who finished on a time of 23:51, whilst the fastest veteran 50+ was Christian Yates (East Grinstead CC) on 21:19 whilst the fastest veteran 60+ was Colin Crocker (Sotonia CC) on 25:37.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. James Rix (Crawley Wheelers) 20.04
2. Peter Tadros (In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT) 20.14
3. Brindley Taylor (Crawley Wheelers) 20.24
4. Tom Pritchard (Hampshire RC) 20.34
5. Gary Brind (South Downs Bikes / Casco Europe) 20.49
6. Jack Donaldson (Neon Velo) 21.13
7. Nick Malins (4 T+ Velo Club) 21.17
8. Christian Yates (East Grinstead CC) 21.19
9. David Pollard (In-Gear Quickvit Trainsharp RT) 21.29
10. Phillip Murrell (Finsbury Park CC) 21.29
Woman: Tamar Vanderhaas (Lewes Wanderers CC) 23.51
Veterans over-50: Christian Yates (East Grinstead CC) 21.19
Juveniles: Theo Tadros (In Gear-Quickvit RT) 23.10