EASTERN COUNTIES CYCLING ASSOCIATION
100 mile Time Trial
Scratch & Handicap
to be held on
Sunday June 19th 2016
Course E2/100c ~ Start at 4:46
Race HQ – Memorial Hall, Fulbourne Centre, CB21 5BS (open from 3:45am)
E2/100C Course details
START at paint mark in Mill Lane,15 yards before (N of) SV marker by lane to Upper Heath Farm which is approx 0.3 m north of A11 Trunk road(M). At A11 turn left to start circuit, continue along A11 to join A14 and after approx.7 miles BEAR LEFT onto A11. Continue to B1085 slip road to T junction (M), GIVE WAY SIGN. Turn right to roundabout and take third exit to join A11 southbound and retrace along A11 to join A14 at Newmarket, then after approx 7 miles KEEP LEFT to rejoin A11. Take slip road to elevated roundabout at Four Went Ways (M) and take fourth exit to rejoin A11 Northbound, continue for 3.9miles to Mill Road SP Willbraham to complete circuit of 33.25m. Continue on A11 and repeat circuit to B1085 and Four Went Ways interchange twice more and turn left at slip onto Mill Road SP Willbraham and FINISH 20 Yards past ‘End Of Clearway’ Sign. (Timekeeper on RH side of road)
NOTES TO RIDERS - The following local regulations must be adhered to: -
1. No riding with your head down, any rider observed riding dangerously will be disqualified from the event and reported to the CTT District Committee for further disciplinary action.
2. NO 'U' TURNS are allowed within sight of either the start or finish area. Riders carrying out this dangerous maneuver are liable for disqualification from the event and further disciplinary action by the CTT District Committee.
3. Numbers will be situated in the HQ; these can be exchanged for a hot or cold drink after the event, they must be returned by the rider as drug testing maybe in force at this event.
4. No warming-up by competitors is allowed along any part of the designated course, after the event has started.
5. Static Trainers. In respect of consideration for local residents, the use of static trainers, e.g.: turbo trainers, is banned from all morning events held in the London East District.
6. Riders are reminded that dropping litter (such as energy gel wrappers) is a criminal offence and offenders will be liable to disciplinary action by the District Committee.
7. If you are having support from a vehicle during the event, the CTT ‘supporting vehicle form’ must be handed in when signing on, observers will be on the course to note any infringement.
Please make every effort to start, 21 riders were disappointed, should you not be able to start, please contact me ASAP as I have 15 very hopeful reserves waiting in the wings.
Note for reserves if you have not been allocated a number before the event, you have to be in the HQ from the start time, start positions will be allocated on attendance.
IN THE INTEREST OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, CYCLING TIME TRIALS AND THE EVENT PROMOTERS STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO WEAR A HARD SHELL SAFETY HELMET THAT MEETS AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED SAFETY STANDARD AND HAVE A REAR FACING FLASHING RED LIGHT FITTED TO YOUR MACHINE.
The HQ is approx. 2.5 miles from the start, please allow adequate time, there is plenty of parking spaces at this HQ, however please consider that we have a large entry when parking your vehicle.
Please be quiet at the HQ as it is in the middle of a residential area that are not used to cyclists getting up at the crack of dawn and we want to use this excellent venue in future.