Rob Carter won the Teesside District Road Bike Championship at Stockton Wheelers CC on Sunday morning, while Marcel Schubert and Caroline Ratcliff were fastest man and woman respectively in the time trial event.
Cleveland Wheelers CC rider Carter took victory in 52-22 ahead of Nick Munro (Royal Air Force Cycling Association) who finished in 54-48 while third was secured in a time of 55-48 by Steve Gibson from Peak Road Club.
Fastest team went to the promoting club, with Jamie Corcoran, Josef Murray and Andrei Ciuca totaling a time of 3-00-46.
In the time trial bike event Darlington Cycling Club’s Schubert took the honours in 51-03, ahead of Richard Lilleker (Cleveland Wheelers) in 54-37 and Ryan Hall (55-20) from Adept Cycling, while Caroline Ratcliff, riding for Ferryhill Wheelers, won the women’s event in 1-07-21.
Schubert was fastest in the Veteran 40 category, with Dougan Collins (Zurbaran Racing) winning the Veteran 50 group in 1-02-32, while Paul Tyler’s time of 1-00-56 secured the Veteran 60+ and fastest junior was awarded to Kieran Brownless from Teesdale CRC in 1-07-41.
Both events were run on the T235 course, starting at the gateway to Bishopton sailboard centre, then proceeding through Bishopton, continuing up hill and continuing to Great Stainton, turning left towards Sadberge.
Rider then head south to Sadberge, towards Norton and onto Redmarshall then left to Bishopton before repeating the first lap via Stainton and Sadberge and finishing at the entrance to Stoney Flat Farm.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by James Ayles.
Road Bike Championships:
1. Rob Carter Cleveland Wheelers CC 52:22
2. Nick Munro Royal Air Force Cycling Association 54:48
3. Steve Gibson Peak Road Club 55:48
4. Robert Noble Infinity Cycles RC 57:16
5. Chris Peareth Zurbaran Racing 58:18
6. Jamie Corcoran Stockton Wheelers CC 58:57
Time Trial event:
1. Marcel Schubert Darlington Cycling Club 51:03
2. Richard Lilleker Cleveland Wheelers CC 54:37
3. Ryan Hall Adept Cycling 55:20
4. Stephen Adamson Fietsen Tempo 55:51
5. Sam Leng AIMS Cycling 1:00:03