Stacey Ginieres was fastest female while Conrad Moss secured a stunning victory in the men’s event at the Giant Helston 25-mile time trial on Sunday morning.
Penzance Wheelers dominated the women’s event, with Ginieres first in 1-00-04 and clubmates Martina Geraghty (1-02-33) and Angharad Berriman (1-03-19) completing the podium.
Primera-TeamJobs rider Moss was untouchable in the men’s race, finishing 5-52 ahead of his nearest rival in 48-52, with Chris Vellacott (Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA) second in 54-44 while Plymouth Corinthian CC’s Paul Walshe was just four seconds back from that to complete the top three in 54-48 – just a second ahead of fourth place Oliver Baylin.
Victory helps Ginieries continue her fine season having also finished as fastest female at the Alltrax 10-mile time trial on May 25 and Duchy Velo 10-mile time trial on June 5.
The event, run on course S100/25, starts just north of Roche and heads eastwards before looping back westwards past Goss Moor Nature Reserve and onwards to Indian Queens, turning just before Fraddon to retrace the route along the A30 past the start line to complete one circuit, then completing another and finishing just before Lanivet.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by James Ayles.
1. Conrad Moss (Primera-TeamJobs) 48-52
2. Chris Vellacott (Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA) 54-44
3. Paul Walshe (Plymouth Corinthian cc) 54-48
4. Oliver Baylin (giant-helston.co.uk) 54-49
5. Lubos Orbonik (CS Dynamo) 54-59
6. Anthony Green (Penzance Wheelers) 55-00
1. Stacey Ginieres (Penzance Wheelers) 1-00-04
2. Martina Geraghty (Penzance Wheelers) 1-02-33
3. Angharad Berriman (Penzance Wheelers) 1-03-19
4. Rose Willis (St Austell Wheelers) 1-04-16
5. Sophie Butcher (Tri Logic Cornwall) 1-08-34