Youngster Harris Hall (Velo Culture) stormed to victory at the Pendle Forest CC 10-mile time trial in Cumbria on Saturday evening, while Deborah Moss (Springfield Financial) was quickest female rider on the Levens course.
In-form Hall clocked 19-15 to win the event by 17 seconds from Kamil Waligora (East Lancashire Road Club), while Harris’s dad Phil Hall was third with 19-36.
Moss clocked 21-47 to win the women’s prize by 33 seconds from Beth MacRae (Ayr Roads CC), while Kirsty McSeveney (a3crg was third, another 38 seconds off the pace.
It was a wet but warm evening with just a light wind for the full field of 100 riders plus five reserves, who all got a ride with 23 non-starters.
The L1015 course uses the A590 between Levens and Lindale, with sections of both single and dual carriageway as they head down south west to the turn just outside Meathop before heading back up.
Harris Hall has been in good form this season and ridden plenty of events. He was second in the Barnesbury CC 25 last weekend and has several other top ten finishes to his name.
Next up for him is the Houghton CC 10 next Sunday, as well as hopefully a ride at the National 10-Mile Championships in East Yorkshire on August 27.
Moss also has several strong performances to her name so far in 2022, including second at the North Lancs TTA Championships last weekend. The 52-year-old should also be proud of placing seventh at the National 50-Mile Championship last month too.
Her next event is the Border City Wheelers 25 next weekend, while she also hopes to ride the National 10-Mile Championships on August 27.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Harris Hall (Velo Culture) 19.15
2. Kamil Waligora (East Lancs RC) 19.32
3. Phil Hall (Velo Culture) 19.36
4. Sam Taylor (Weaver Valley CC) 19.37
5. Ben Harrison (Barrow Central Wheelers) 19.41
6. Jason Bateman (VTTA North Lancs and Lakes) 19.42
7. Thomas Brazier (Wattshop) 19.43
8. Nick Badcock (Allen Valley Velo) 19.50
9. Thomas Manns (Kent Valley RC) 19.54
10. Jay Pit (Velo Culture) 19.59
1. Deborah Moss (Springfield Financial) 21.47
2. Beth MacRae (Ayr Roads CC) 22.20
3. Kirsty McSeveney (a3crg) 22.58
4. Janet Fairclough (Liverpool Phoenix CC) 23.59
5. Karen Bailey (East Lancs RC) 24.29
6. Carol Westmorland (Border City Wheelers) 24.45