Conrad Moss (Primera-Teamjobs) snatched the crown in the Mid Devon CC 25-mile time trial, while Catherine Hilton (Sid Valley CC) came out on top in the women’s event.
46-year-old Moss impressed yet again as he won this event convincingly with a time of 49:28, three minutes ahead of the next man in line.
Second place went to Gavin MacDougall (Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA) who clocked in at 52:37. In third and final place on the podium was Simon Marshall (Exeter Wheelers), he managed to finish the course in 53:12.
Having maintained great form recently with a string of five consecutive wins, Moss started as scratch man.
But he said afterwards: “I've had three weeks away from racing with a fair bit of social activity, and training has been a bit light on volume.”
Back in June Moss came here and finished second, which he was able to upgrade to a win here in July. Now going back-to-back in consecutive months, he expressed his happiness with the pace he set today, adding: “I was happy to do over 30mph.”
In the women’s event it was Catherine Hilton (Sid Valley CC) who finished fastest in 1:02:09, while in second was Rose Willis (St. Austell Whs) who clocked a time of 1:04:10.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Neral Buckley.
1. Conrad Moss (Primera-Teamjobs) - 49:28
2. Gavin MacDougall (Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA) - 52:37
3. Simon Marshall (Exeter Whs) - 53:12
4. Alan Ward (Exeter Whs) - 53:16
5. Harry Jukes (Mid Devon CC) - 53:35
6. Paul Walshe (Plymouth Corinthian CC) - 54:43
1. Catherine Hilton (Sid Valley CC) - 1:02:09
2. Rose Willis (St. Austell Whs) - 1:04:10
3. Cordelia Preece (Tavistock Whs) - 1:14:39