Conrad Moss (Primera-Teamjobs) won the Plymouth Corinthian CC 50-mile time trial near Buckfastleigh in Devon, while Tamsin Miller (Avid Sport) claimed top spot in the women’s event.
46-year-old scratch man Moss picked up his third win of the season, clocking in at 1:41:30 to fend off competition from fellow riders.
Robert Willcocks (Royal Air Force Cycling Association) was the second placed rider finishing in 1:42:09, and third was Donald Brooks (Mid Devon CC) who clocked 1:46:47.
This was a third consecutive win for Moss. After a slow start to the season he has built on a few second placed finishes by now returning to winning ways on the back end of the year.
“I was 45 seconds short of my own championship record from 2019, but I think the ride was on par as it was a little slower out there,” said Moss. “It’s a tough old course which takes in two very long climbs of Bickington, with the second coming at around 40 miles.”
Willcocks had won two of the previous three events he had participated in, but found himself in the same position as his last ride out on the 18th July, behind Moss. Third-placed Brooks secured a third consecutive podium finish on this ride, having gone second in his last event and winning the event prior to that.
In the women’s event 21-year-old Tamsin Miller was the winner. The Taunton-based rider finished the 50-mile time trial in 1:56:58 in her first crack at the distance.
Martina Geraghty (Penzance Wheelers) claimed second spot finishing in 2:08:09, while Hannah Rainger (Plymouth Corinthian CC) took the final spot on the podium with a time of 2:13:34.
This event made it three wins out of her last four for Miller, the second being on July 14 in the a3crg 10. But she was back to winning ways here, finishing over ten minutes quicker than the next fastest woman.
18-year-old Rainger was also having her first attempt at a 50-mile time trial. This event made it three consecutive podium finishes for the junior rider, who had finished second in her last ride out and won the event prior to that.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Neral Buckley.
1. Conrad Moss (Primera-Teamjobs) 1:41:30
2. Robert Willcocks (Royal Air Force Cycling Association) 1:42:09
3. Donald Brooks (Mid Devon CC) 1:46:09
4. Gavin MacDougall (Royal Navy & Royal Marines CA) 1:47:25
5. Josh Coyne (BPM Coaching) 1:50:00
6. Harry Loader (Mid Devon CC) 1:51:04
1. Tamsin Miller (Avid Sport) - 1:56:58
2. Martina Geraghty (Penzance Wheelers) - 2:08:09
3. Hannah Rainger (Plymouth Corinthian CC) - 2:12:34
4. Lisa Crawford (Plymouth Corinthian CC) - 2:13:36
5. Urszula Donigiewicz (Precision RT) - 2:14:06
6. Rose Willis (St Austell Wh) - 2:16:14