If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Kenway (Team Brother UK) claimed the top spot in the Withington Wheelers hill climb event on Peaslows Hill, while Mary Wilkinson (Yorkshire RC) came out on top in the women’s event.
34-year-old scratch-man Kenway clocked 2:20.5 for the 980-yard climb to take a comfortable victory, around 16 seconds ahead of the next best rider to secure the Jim Forbes Memorial Trophy for a fourth time.
Second was Tom Parsons (Bolsover and District CC) in a time of 2:36.0, just two seconds quicker than third-placed Alfie Thompson (Leicestershire RC) who finished the climb in 2:38.9.
This was the first hill climb win of the season for former national champion Kenway who previously placed second at the Sheffrec CC climb in Bradfield near Sheffield a month ago.
In the women’s event it was Mary Wilkinson that climbed quicker than the rest, powering her way to an event record time of 2:45.5 finish to secure her second win of the weekend following victory in Saturday’s Halifax Imperial Wheelers climb of Stocks Lane in West Yorkshire.
Alison Dockney (Market Drayton CC) was the second placed woman, finishing 45 seconds off the pace with a 3:31.2, just ahead of third-placed Sophie Yarwood (Macclesfield Wheelers) who clocked 3:40.0 to take the final podium spot.
Wilkinson was the runner-up in the RTTC National hill Climb Championship last year and this year she would love to one-up that, now with six open hill climb wins under her belt already this year she seems focused and poised to take a similar position in the Championships this year.
The team award for the event was collected by Macclesfield Wheelers riders with Matt Lawton, Dominic Slinn and Bhima Bowden coming up with the goods for the club.
Elsewhere in the result, Holmfirth CC juvenile Lydia Turan clocked 4-54.8.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Neral Buckley.
1. Adam Kenway (Team Brother UK) - 2:20.5
2. Tom Parsons (Bolsover and District CC) - 2:36.0
3. Alfie Thompson (Leicestershire RC) - 2:38.9
4. Matt Sumpton (Dulwich Paragon CC) - 2:42.5
5. Alastair Ribbands (Manchester Wheelers) - 2:42.9
6. Matt Lawton (Macclesfield Wheelers) - 2:43.1
1. Mary Wilkinson (Yorkshire RC) - 2:45.5
2. Alison Dockney (Market Drayton CC) - 3:31.2
3. Sophie Yarwood (Macclesfield Wheelers) - 3:40.0
4. Lydia Turan (Holmfirth CC) - 4:54.8