Professional road rider Scott Davies (Team Bahrain McLaren) returned to South Wales and clinched victory by over four minutes in the Cardiff 100 Miles Road CC 15 in Monmouthshire on Saturday.
The 24-year-old from Carmarthen regularly rides his local time trials while training for World Tour events.
Last season he won the Cardiff Ajax CC 10, the Bynea CC 25 and the realteam.co.uk 10 and started his campaign with an emphatic win this season.
The R15/5 course sees riders start outside Abergavenny before heading on the A40 down to Raglan and then turning for home.
Despite cold and windy conditions Davies clocked an average speed of over 29 miles per hour and set a winning time of 30 minutes and 22 seconds.
Leading the battle for second overall and top veteran rider was Niall Foster (Cardiff Ajax CC) whose time of 34.37 was 32 seconds quicker than Nicholas Morgan (Port Talbot Whs CC).
The poor conditions meant that just eight riders took part in the event.
Taking part in a two-up was Ross Phillips (Pontypool Road CC) and David Preece (Cwmcarn Paragon RC) who clocked a time of 42.13.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Scott Davies (Team Bahrain McLaren) 30:22
2. Niall Foster (Cardiff Ajax CC) 34:37
3. Nicholas Morgan (Port Talbot Whs CC) 35:09
4. Cliff Voller (Newbury RC) 37:49
5. Simon Kinsey (Virtual CC) 44:29
6. Michael Williams (Hereford & Dist Whs CC) 46:07
Two-up: Ross Phillips (Pontypool Road CC) & David Preece (Cwmcarn Paragon RC) 42:13