Versatile youngster Josh Giddings (HMT Hospitals Giant CT) powered to a convincing victory at Sherwood CC’s 25-mile time trial in Nottinghamshire on Saturday, clocking 48-17 to win by 59 seconds in a field stacked with talent.
Meanwhile, Francesca Hall (Team Boompods) was fastest in the women’s category by more than five minutes, the first win of a weekend double for her.
Giddings, 17, left Will Perrett (Aerolab Ward Wheelz) to settle for second spot in 49-16, while George Mills-Keeling (Ribble Weldtite Pro Cycling) was third, another four seconds off the pace.
Hall’s win in the women’s category came after she clocked 54-43, one of just two females to go under the hour mark with Debbie Bradley (Team Bottrill) clocking 59-56 for second place with Sarah Harrison (Sheffield Triathlon Club) third, 1-14 further back.
After this victory and the following day’s win in the Race Rapid event at Mallory Park, Francesca Hall is now on three wins from three open time trials this season.
The A25/34 course takes riders from a start at East Stoke and onto the A46 heading south west down to Stragglethorpe, before turning and heading back up to Farndon and finishing just north of the start point.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Joshua Giddings (HMT Hospitals Giant CT) 48.17
2. Will Perrett (Aerolab Ward Wheelz) 49.16
3. George Mills-Keeling (Ribble Weldtite Pro Cycling) 49.20
4. Leon Wright (Race Hub) 49.24
1. Francesca Hall (Team Boompods) 54.43
2. Debbie Bradley (Team Bottrill) 59.56
3. Sarah Harrison (Sheffield Tri Club) 1:01.10
4. Ria Mobbs (Peaks Sports Racing) 1:02.04