If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Matt Burden and Lou Dutch powered to convincing men and women’s victories respectively in the Poole Wheelers 25 near Lytchett Matravers, Dorset, on Sunday morning.
After opening his 2019 account with back-to-back victories, Matt Burden (73 Degrees Bicycles/WestSide Coaching RT) missed out on a third in his next six open events before triumph on Sunday.
Burden clocked the winning time of 51-34 to finally seal a hat-trick of wins this season.
His time beat that of host club rider Tim Flynn who finished in second place after holding the top spot for around five minutes before Burden flew across the finish to dethrone him.
Flynn clocked a time of 52-29 to see him record his best finish and first podium of the season to date, rising from a previous best of fourth. James Horton (Velo Club St Raphael) finished third in 53-30.
In the women’s category, Lou Dutch assured host club Poole Wheelers would finish their own event with at least one rider in the winner’s circle.
Dutch crossed the line with a time of 1-00-35, sealing her second solo victory of the year and third overall; one of those coming in a two-up in her previous outing.
Her team-mate Lauren Bishop was closest to her winning time as Bishop clocked 1-02-43 ahead of Rosey Mushens (73 Degrees Bicycles/WestSide Coaching RT) in third.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Matt Burden (73 Degrees Bicycles/WestSide Coaching RT) 51.34
2. Tim Flynn (Poole Wheelers) 52.29
3. James Horton (Velo Club St Raphael) 53.30
4. Darren Orchard (Mud Sweat n Gears) 53.48
5. Tom Stocker (Bournemouth Jubilee Wh) 54.44
6. Bob Richardson (Bournemouth Jubilee Wh) 55.09
7. Thomas Piloni (Bournemouth Jubilee Wh) 56.23
=8. William Grainger (Andover Wheelers) 56.29
=8. Michael Akers (Julian Porter Cycling) 56.29
10. Andrew Humphreys (Poole Wheelers) 57.30
1. Lou Dutch (Poole Wheelers) 1:00.35
2. Lauren Bishop (Poole Wheelers) 1:02.43
3. Rosey Mushens (73 Degrees Bicycles) 1:03.26