If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Holmes and Angela Carpenter were the fastest male and female respectively at the a3crg 30-mile time trial that took place near Greatham in Hampshire on Saturday afternoon.
Holmes (Twickenham CC) topped the podium after he clocked a time of 58-15 after his 30-miles. This was his first victory since March, where he topped the podium at the Maidenhead & District CC 15.
He has since achieved numerous podium finishes most notably finishing second at the CC Breckland 50 at the end of June. He will be hoping to continue his winning form over the coming weeks, as he is set to ride the Exeter Wheelers CC 25 next month.
Angela Carpenter (a3crg) clocked a time of 1-05-31 to finish as the fastest female respectively.
The home club rider adds this victory to the one she achieved at the a3crg Summer Ten earlier in the week and will be hoping to carry her good form in to next week, as she is set to ride the a3crg Mid-Week Women’s Special Ten on Wednesday.
Kevin Tye (VeloRefined Aerosmiths) was the man to finish in second after finishing his run with a time of 58-39.
Tye was last victorious at the a3crg Summer Men’s Ten in mid-May and will be looking to continue his good form over the remainder of the season. He is next due to ride at the VTTA 25 at the end of the month.
Arthur Franklin (Portishead CC) completed the podium after finishing his run with a time of 59-04.
In the tandem event Rachael Elliot (Newbury RC) and Ian Greenstreet (AeroCoach) broke the national competition record for a mixed tandem ride over 30-miles as the clocked a time of 57-19.
Another national record was broken in the women’s team category as Angela Carpenter, Kirsty McSeveney and Lucy Mitchell (a3crg) finished with a combined time of 3-28-12 after their 30 miles.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Chris Holmes (Twickenham CC) 58-15
2. Kevin Tye (VeloRefined Aerosmiths) 58-39
3. Arthur Franklin (Portishead CC) 59-04
4. Charles Mitchell (a3crg) 59-18
5. Jonathan Gates (Royal Air Force CA) 59-25
6. Robert Willcocks (Royal Air Force CA) 59-31
7. Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) 1-00-01
8. Greg Parker (Estrella Bikes) 1-00-03
9. Andrew Langdown (Blazing Saddles) 1-00-53
10. Neil Mackley (a3crg) 1-01-52
1. Angela Carpenter (a3crg) 1-05-31
2. Kirsty McSeveney (a3crg) 1-09-21
3. Jo Buckland (PDQ Cycle Coaching) 1-10-35
1. Rachael Elliot (Newbury RC)
1. Ian Greenstreet (AeroCoach) 57-19