Joe Perkins, Alex Pritchard and Alex Clay, Francesca Hall were the fastest males and females respectively at the Sheffrec CC two-up 25 in South Yorkshire on Saturday afternoon.
Perkins (University of Derby CC) and Pritchard (University of Nottingham CC) finished their run with a time of 53-01 to top the podium.
Perkins adds this victory to the one that he achieved last weekend at the Kettering CC 20 and will be looking to continue his fine start to the season over the coming weeks.
This was Pritchard’s first open event of the new season after having a number of podium finishes last year, most notably finishing third at the Sleaford Wheelers 10 at the end of March.
Clay (Loughborough Students CC) and Hall (DAP Cycling Club) finished their run with a time of 1-05-45 to be the fastest females past the timekeeper’s stopwatches.
Clay adds this accolade to the seventh placed finish she achieved at the National 50-mile Championship in September of last year.
Hall was also victorious last weekend at the Matlock CC 25 and will be also looking to continue her fine form over the coming weeks and improve on her performance last year.
Second spot on the podium was claimed by Sebastian Garry and Ollie Hucks (High Wycombe CC) who clocked a time of 53-29.
This being Garry’s first open event of the new season he will be looking to continue his good form, it was also Hucks’ first event of the campaign with the rider last finishing on the podium at the Icknield RC 10 in September.
Third place was clinched by Nicolas Latimer and Andy Nichols (B38/Cycles in Motion) who finished with a time of 54-14.
This was Latimer’s first podium of the new season with the rider finishing fifth last weekend at the Matlock CC 25.
Nichols also raced at the Matlock CC 25 finishing in first and makes this his second podium of the new season after winning numerous events last year.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Joe Perkins & Alex Pritchard (Univ of Derby CC & Univ of Nottingham CC) 53-01
2. Sebastian Garry & Ollie Hucks (High Wycombe CC) 53-29
3. Nicholas Latimer & Andy Nichols (B38/Cycles in Motion) 54-14
4. Daniel Bennett & Neal Parkin (Team Bottrill) 54-19
5. Jon Surtees & Jonathan Wears (CES Sport) 54-38
6. Liam Bromiley & Daryl May (Sheffrec CC) 57-11
7. Ian Guilor & Nick Moore (Mapperley CC 57-44
8. James Mellor & Allan Wailoo (7 Hills CC) 1-00-08
9. Lawrence Coyle & Alex Raynard (Brighton Mitre CC & Matlock CC) 1-00-14
10. Lee Ibbotson & Richard Whitney (Stocksbridge CC & Navigator & Rutland CC) 1-00-53
1. Alex Clay & Francesca Hall (Loughborough Students CC & DAP Cycling Club) 1-05-45