Robert Willcocks and Gemma Waterjohns were the fastest male and female at the Chippenham & District Wheelers 25-mile time trial which took place near Brinkworth in Wiltshire on Sunday morning.
Waterjohns (Somerset Road Club) set a new women’s course record as she finished her run with a time of 1-07-09.
The 37-year-old adds this victory to the second place finish that she achieved at the Northover VT 10 during April and will be looking to add more positive result before the end of the season.
Robert Willcocks (Royal Air Force Cycling Association) missed out on a course record of his own by a margin of just one second as he finished his run with an excellent time of 54-46 to finish as the fastest rider on the day.
This was Willcock’s first victory since February when he was one half of the winning team in the Severn RC two-up 12.3.
He will be hoping to continue his winning form over the coming weeks, as he is set to ride at the Severn RC 10 next weekend.
Robin Short (Performance Cycles CC) finished second and add some prize money to his pot as he clocked a time of 57-18. This was Short’s second podium finish in as many weeks as he also achieved a second place finish at the Newbury RC 10 last weekend.
The veteran rider will be looking to continue his good form in to next weekend as he is set to also ride at the Severn RC 10.
Mark Hudson (Bristol South Cycling Club) completed the three on the podium as he finished his run with a time of 57-33 respectively.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Robert Willcocks (Royal Air Force Cycling Association) 54-47
2. Robin Short (Performance Cycles CC) 57-18
3. Mark Hudson (Bristol South Cycling Club) 57-33
4. Rob Pears (Bath Cycling Club) 57-38
5. Ed Pitt 9Salt and Sham Cycling Club) 58-37
6. Phillip Watts (North Hampshire RC) 58-55
7. Martin Allen (Bath Cycling Club) 59-20
8. Peter Garnett (Swindon Road Club) 1-00-12
9. Frankie Whitwell (Bradford-on-Avon CC) 1-01-15
10. Roy Carless (Swindon Road Club) 1-02-27
1. Gemma Waterjohns (Somerset Road Club) 1-07-09
2. Jo Wilkie (Ride 24/7) 1-09-08
3. Karen Whyte (Veloce) 1-14-35
Veteran: Robin Short (Performance Cycles CC)