Meg Dickerson broke the women’s course record, while Matt Burden was overall fastest at the Bristol South CC 10-mile time trial in Gloucestershire on Saturday.
Dickerson, 22 and from Bristol, blazed her way to an eighth victory and shredded her own course record in the process with a time of 21-52.
With the course riding slower than in previous years a record seemed unlikely, but Dickerson’s form should not be underestimated with the home club rider having won seven of eight races so far this season, five of which were over the ten-mile distance.
As well as taking the solo women’s win, Dickerson also combined with fellow home club riders Joanna Knight and Alice Thomson to set a new team course record.
In the men’s category Matt Burden (73 Degrees Bicycles) made it consecutive wins in this event with a time of 20-42.
Burden had appeared only once in open events prior to today in 2019 but the form seems to have picked up where he left off, capturing two wins in as many events.
The 42-year-old had Phil Stonelake’s (Bristol Road Club) time of 21-04 to beat but being the last rider out, Burden had to wait to mount his challenge, eventually shaving 22 seconds off Stonelake’s time to relegate him to second place.
In third was home club rider Robert Borek, clocking a 21-13 to close a decent day’s work for Bristol South’s riders.
Back in the women’s event, Freya Richardson (Portsmouth North End CC) was second in 25-51 with Dickerson’s teammate Joanna Knight in third with a 25-01.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Matt Burden (73 Degrees Bicycles) 20.42
2. Phil Stonelake (Bristol Road Club) 21.04
3. Robert Borek (Bristol South CC) 21.13
4. Marl Hudson (Bristol South CC) 21.28
5. Euan Taylor (Salt and Sham CC) 21.42
6. Matt Boulton (Minuteman CC) 21.49
7. Megan Dickerson (Bristol South CC) 21.52
8. Mark Bradley (Bristol South CC) 22.06
9. Carlo Toledo (Gloucester City CC) 22.32
10. Dan Pons (Blaydon CC) 22.45
1. Megan Dickerson (Bristol South CC) 21.52
2. Freya Richardson (Portsmouth North End CC) 24.51
3. Joanna Knight (Bristol South CC) 25.01