Douglas Watson and Victoria Smith were the fastest male and female respectively at the CTT Scotland District Championships, staged by Glasgow Nightingale CC 10 near Westferry in Scotland on Sunday morning.
Watson (GTR – Return to Life) clocked a time of 19-23 to set the fastest time by any rider and clinch the top prize.
Watson has been in fine form throughout the opening months of the season with the rider already notching five victories on his record, most notably winning the Royal Albert CC 10 in mid-April.
Victoria Smith (AeroCoach) was the fastest female and seventh overall after an excellent run, clocking a time of 20-44 to claim the top step on the podium with a course record time.
Smith adds this victory to the one she achieved at the Merthyr CC 25 at the end of March and will be looking to add more throughout the coming months.
Second place was claimed by Liam Beaty (Hawick CC) who clocked a time of 19-38 after his 10 miles.
The final step on the podium went to Iain Macleod (Aberdeen Wheelers) who finished his run with a time of 20-05 to take a share of the prize money.
The out and back course saw the riders start and finish at the West Ferry Interchange located on the banks of the river Clyde estuary.
The course had the riders navigate their way up and down the steep climbs of the A8, passing through Langbank and Woodhall before turning at Port Glasgow and making their way back along the same route to the finish.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Douglas Watson (GTR – Return to Life) 19-23
2. Liam Beaty (Hawick CC) 19.38
3. Iain Macleod (Aberdeen Wheelers) 20-05
4. David Griffiths (Bioracer – Moriarty Bikes) 20-05
5. Jamie Davidson (Bioracer – Moriarty Bikes) 20-14
6. Alan Thomson (RT 23) 20-16
7. Victoria Smith (AeroCoach) 20-44
8. Gavin Shirley (Dooleys RT) 20-47
9. Kyle Gordan (RT 23) 20-47
10. Ross Thompson (Dunfermline CC) 20-50
1. Victoria Smith (AeroCoach) 20-44
2. Catriona Macgillivray (RT 23) 21-53
3. Lynsey Curran (GTR – Return to Life) 22-28