Andrew Whiteside and Christina Wiejak were the fastest male and female riders respectively at the VC Cumbria 50-mile time trial that took place on the L5012 course near Braithwaite in Cumbria on Sunday.
Whiteside (Bella in Sella Racing) topped the podium in the men’s event after finishing his run with a time of 1-46-01.
This was his first victory on record of the open season although he has achieved numerous podium finishes throughout the campaign, most notably finishing second at the North Lancashire TTA 100 in mid-July.
The 45-year-old is next set to ride at the WCTTCA & LTTCA 12-hour time trial in two weeks and will be hoping to continue his good form.
Brian Fogarty (Fogarty’s Insurance Tri Team) finished second on the podium after clocking a time of 1-46-47 to claim his share of the prize money.
Paul Davis (Musselburgh RCC) finished third on the podium after finishing his 50 miles with a time of 1-49-26 respectively.
Christina Wiejak (Team Jadan-Weldtite p/b Vive le Velo) topped the podium in the women’s event after clocking a time of 1-59-27 to claim the top prize.
Wiejak was last victorious at the Beacon Wheelers 10 in mid-March and also topped the podium at the Lancaster CC Hilly 21 in the same month.
She will be hoping her winning form can continue as she is set to ride the National 10-Mile Championship on the 31st of August which takes place near Six Mile Bottom in Cambridgeshire.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Andrew Whiteside (Bella in Sella Racing) 1-46-01
2. Brian Fogarty (Fogarty’s Insurance Tri Team) 1-46-47
3. Paul Davis (Musselburgh RCC) 1-49-26
4. David Gleave (VC Cumbria) 1-50-36
5. Neil Pendrich (SVTTA) 1-51-06
6. Paul Fleming (Preston Wheelers) 1-51-33
7. Simon Deeley (Team HUUB) 1-52-02
8. Dan Taylor (coveryourcar.co.uk) 1-53-02
9. Paul Blackburn (coveryourcar.co.uk) 1-53-30
10. Gary Jamieson (Fechan Flyers) 1-53-45
Women: Christina Wiejak (Team Jadan-Weldtite p/b Vive le Velo) 1-59-27