Mark Baker and Jo Hitchen were the fastest male and female respectively at the CC Bexley 10-mile time trial that took place near Grain in Kent on Saturday morning.
Baker (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) clocked a time of 21-37 to set the fastest time by any rider on the day.
This was the SFA Racing Team rider’s first victory on record; his previous best result of the season was a fifth place finish at the Catford CC 10 at the start of April.
He will be hoping to add more positive results to his record over the coming weeks as he is set to ride at the Gravesend CC 25 on the seventh of July.
Jo Hitchen (CC Bexley) finished her run with a time of 26-47 to finish as the fastest female respectively.
The 52-year-old improved on her finish in the same event from last season when she finished second with a time of 27-11.
Keith Brown (Southborough & District Wheelers) finished in second with a time of 21-57, twenty seconds behind Baker.
Brown last achieved a podium finish at the Lewes Wanderers CC 30 at the start of the month and will be hoping to carry his good form in to July where he is set to ride at the VTTA London & Home Counties 10.
Mark Newton (Elite Cycling) finished in third with a time of 22-23 to claim his share of the prize money.
The out and back course saw the riders start and finish at the Isle of Grain LNG Facility on the B2001.
They then headed along the road towards Stoke, where they began to navigate their way over an incline before making a turn at the top of the hill and riding back along the same route to the finish.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Mark Baker (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 21-37
2. Keith Brown (Southborough & District Wheelers) 21-57
3. Mark Newton (Elite Cycling) 22-23
4. Simon Henderson (Thanet RC) 23-03
5. Michael Porter (34 Nomads CC) 23-26
6. Luke Holland (Gemini BC) 23-52
7. Michael Bebbington (CC Bexley) 23-53
8. David Churchill (Direct Power Cycling Team) 24-06
9. Mark Wright (Rye & District Wheelers CC) 24-11
10. Colin Robinson (Thanet RC) 24-23
1. Jo Hitchen (Bexley CC) 26-47
2. Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 26-50
3.Lisa Howse (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 31-47