Colin Ward (Essex Roads) continued his winning form to take a clear victory by over two minutes in the ECCA 25 in Essex while Jennie Page (Southend Wheelers) was the women’s winner.
Less than a week after turning 42 years old, Ward once again beat his younger rivals clocking a winning time of 51 minutes and 21 seconds.
The E9/25 course in Chelmsford saw riders compete on an out and back course along the B184 starting outside Chelmsford before heading north and turning at Great Dunmow.
Ward, from Basildon, also won the Essex Roads CC 10.2 last month and the Maldon & District CC 50 in June.
Senior rider Paul Pardoe (Peterborough) had clocked the quickest time of 53.40 until scratch rider Ward knocked him off the top spot.
Meanwhile, Tim Chilvers (Maldon CC) took third in 55.14.
Essex Road Club took the team award with members Ward, Graeme Garner and Barry Holderness contributing.
Fellow veteran rider Jennie Page (Southend Wheelers) won the women’s event after clocking a time of 1-11-21.
Page’s junior Southend Wheelers team-mate Katie-Ann Elliston took second in 1-14-06 while Molly Cooper (East London Triathletes) finished third in 1-31-08.
* All reports ae copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Colin Ward (Essex Roads) 51.21
2. Paul Pardoe (Peterborough) 53.40
3. Tim Chilvers (Maldon CC) 55:14
1. Jennie Page (Southend Wheelers) 1:11:21
2. Katie-Ann Elliston (Southend Wheelers) 1:14.06
3. Molly Cooper (East London Triathletes) 1:31.08
Team: Essex Roads CC- Colin Ward / Graeme Garner / Barry Holderness