If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Lewis (The Independent Pedaler) took an emphatic victory in the women’s event of the Derby Mercury RC 10 incorporating the Emergency Services Championships and finished third overall, while Chris Smart (GTR- Return to life) took the men’s honours.
Lewis, who has won the National Closed Circuit Championships on multiple occasions clocked a winning women’s time of 19 minutes and 43 seconds, just 36 seconds slower than Chris Smart’s overall winning time.
Riders were treated to very warm conditions for the event on the out and back A10/3 course along the A46 leading to fast times.
Smart, who also won the VC Glasgow South 10 last weekend went much quicker on this occasion to finish in a winning time of 19-06.
Veteran rider John Lucock (Born to Bike- Bridgtown Cycles) went off as scratch rider having won the Emergency Services Championships 10 last season but had to settle for second on this occasion 20 seconds behind.
Meanwhile Lewis was third overall while Terry Wilkinson (Barnesbury CC) was third male in 20-19.
Lewis was an emphatic winner in the women’s category with her time over four minutes faster than that of Lisa Hurrell (Maldon & District CC) in 23-57 while Suzy Patience (Banbury Star Cyclists’ Club) took third in 24-18.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Chris Smart (GTR- Return to life) 19.06
2. John Lucock (Born to Bike- Bridgtown Cycles) 19.26
3. Emma Lewis (The Independent Pedaler) 19.43
4. Terry Wilkinson (Barnesbury CC) 20.19
5. Nev Martin (GS Metro) 20.32
6. Blair Buss (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) 20.34
7. James Garrett (Caesarean CC) 20.35
8. Paul Blackburn (Coveryourcar.co.uk RT) 20.38
9. Darren Webb (Somerset RC) 20.41
10. Eddie Humphreys (Loughborough Phoenix CC) 20.43
1. Emma Lewis (The Independent Pedaler) 19.43
2. Lisa Hurrell (Maldon & District CC) 23.57
3. Suzy Patience (Banbury Star Cyclists’ Club) 24.18