If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Pat Wright (Paceline RT) rode to victory in the Southern Counties CU 25-mile time trial in what is believed to be a new course record, while Jacintha Hamilton-Love (Dulwich Paragon) was fastest woman.
Wright, 33, took the victory on the G25/47 near Beare Green with a time of 51-49. The Paceline RT rider finished 25 seconds ahead of second place man Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC).
45-year-old Maybank couldn’t make it a second win in the event after winning last year’s running but finished over a minute ahead of third place in 52-32.
Paceline RT had a day to remember as they had two riders on the podium on Sunday. Andrew Bradbury joined teammate Wright to complete the top three in 53-32.
Jacintha Hamilton-Love (Dulwich Paragon CC) edged out competitors in the women’s category by a narrow four seconds. Her time of 1-03-53 bested that of Lewes Wanderers CC rider Lisa Davies who clocked 1-03-57.
Davies’ team-mate Gina McGeever finished in third place to cap a successful day for Lewes Wanderers CC.
Second overall Liam Maybank was the fastest veteran but he missed out on the fastest veteran on standard prize to 69-year-old Donald Parker (Brighton Mitre CC) who went +12-47 quicker than standard with a 1-04-30.
The team prize went to the South Downs Bikes/Casco Europe team who finished with a combined time of 2-46-40 thanks to rides from Simon McNamara, Gary Brind and Stuart Bettis who all finished in the top 10 individually. The South Downs team had a good day with a total of four riders placed in the top 10.
Organisers said conditions were relatively good with no real adverse weather for riders to tackle. The event was run on a new G25/47 course that challenges riders with more undulating terrain than the previous course that ran flat along the A24 and A29.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Pat Wright (Paceline RT) 51:49
2. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) 52:14
3. Andrew Bradbury (Paceline RT) 53:32
4. Simon McNamara (South Downs Bikes/ Casco Europe) 54:14
5. Gary Brind (South Downs Bikes/ Casco Europe) 55:24
6. Mark Emsley (Crawley Wheelers) 55:31
7. Mark Bashford (East Grinstead CC) 56:06
8. Stuart Bettis (South Downs Bikes/ Casco Europe) 56:56
9. Kevin Plummer (South Downs Bikes/ Casco Europe) 57:27
10. Matt Peel (C&N Cycles RT) 58:03
1. Jacintha Hamilton-Love (Dulwich Paragon CC) 1:03.53
2. Lisa Davies (Lewes Wanderers CC) 1:03.57
3. Gina McGeever (Lewes Wanderers CC) 1:08.13
1. Donald Parker (Brighton Mitre CC) 1:04.30 +12:47
2. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) 52:14 +12:35
3. Kevin Plummer (South Downs Bikes/ Casco Europe) 57:27 +10:47