Chris Fennell pipped brother Nic to win the men’s category as Karen Florey lead took the women’s prize in the Medway Velo Club hilly 22 on Sunday.
Coming off the back of a 1-2 finish in Saturday’s VTTA Kent 10-mile time trial, the Fennell brothers repeated the feat the day after to cap off a successful weekend.
Chris Fennell (The Independent Pedaler), the younger of the pair, halted the stopwatches on 46-54 to finish 1-57 ahead of brother Nic.
The win sees Chris collect a decade of wins this year and a remarkable nine in a row.
Nic (Thanet RC) finished in 48-51, 2-32 ahead of third place. Much like his brother, consistency has been exceptional for Nic who recorded his 15th consecutive top-three finish.
Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) was last rider out of the blocks and had hoped to push the brothers close but his time of 51-23 meant he had to settle for third-place ahead of Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team).
Karen Florey finished top woman in the field with a time of 1-14-06 to secure a win for the host club Medway Velo Club.
Andrew Meilak was top veteran whilst 22-year-old Jacob Kennison was the highest placed home club rider for Medway in 10th place.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Chris Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) 46.54
2. Nic Fennell (Thanet RC) 48.51
3. Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) 51.23
4. Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 51.42
5= Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) 52.22
5= John Cockrill (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 52.22
7. Neil Harrigan (Gravesend CC) 53.37
8. Keith Walker (Wigmore CC) 54.43
9. Daniel Gooding (Ashford Road CC) 55.44
10. Jacob Kennison (Medway Velo Club) 58.29
Karen Florey (Medway Velo Club) 1:14.06