Charmaine Pullen (Folkestone Velo Club) and Chris Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) continued their imperious form and season with wins in the Medway Velo Open 50-mile time trial on Sunday.
The Fennell brothers once again returned to the 1-2 standings in time trial racing with Chris prevailing as overall victor.
Chris returned after finishing a respectable sixth in last weekend’s National 25-mile Championship.
Chris’ brother Nic had laid down the marker to beat earlier in the day but Chris powered his way around the circuit to finish with a time of 1-41-37 and over four minutes ahead of Nic.
Nic Fennell (Thanet RC), the older of the two, had to settle for second in a time of 1-46-26 but was decisive in his second place, with Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com) finishing in third, 2-20 off Nic’s time.
The top three separated themselves from each other by sizeable margins and the same could be said to the rest of the field with the top three being the only riders underneath the 1-50-00 mark.
Charmaine Pullen was fastest woman on the day with a 2-09-15, finishing 17th overall.
Pullen’s last appearance came in the Kent CA 10 in early July in which she won, and she picked up right where she left off.
As the margins of victory in the men’s classification were sizeable, Pullen did a remarkable job of replicating the theme of the day, finishing 5-46 ahead of second spot.
Caro Harper (Brixton Cycles Club) was who filled that spot with a time of 2-15-01 and finishing ahead of a top rider in Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys).
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Christopher Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) 1:41.37
2. Nicholas Fennell (Thanet RC) 1:46.26
3. Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) 1:48.46
4. Pete Elms (VeloRefoned.com Aerosmiths) 1:54.27
5. Rich Jones (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 1:56.19
6. Alex Pearson (Woolwich CC) 1:56.22
7. Antony Bee (Wigmore CC) 1:56.50
8. Mark newton (Elite Cycling) 1:59.28
9. Martin Brown (7 Oaks Tri) 1:59.54
10. Richard Giles (Serpentine Running Club) 2:00.25
1. Charmaine Pullen (Folkestone Velo Club) 2:09.15
2. Caro Harper (Brixton Cycles Club) 2:15.01
3. Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 2:16.58