If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Fennell powered to glory yet again as Elizabeth Ives took the women’s prize in the Kent Cycling Association hosted 25-mile time trial.
The Independent Pedaler’s time of exactly 50 minutes allowed 23-year-old Chris to take his 16th win of the season, edging him ever closer the 20 win mark.
Brother Nic Fennell (Thanet RC) won last week’s Thanet’s 10-mile event but had to settle for second, eventually finishing 1-19 back in 51-19.
John Cockrill’s (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 53-49 to sealed a third spot behind the seemingly unstoppable Fennell pair. The third place gives Cockrill his fifth podium spot of the year.
The Ives family had a day to remember as Elizabeth Ives (Woolwich CC) topped the women’s standings, beating Jenny Fearns (Thanet RC) to the prize with a time of 1-24-38.
The 51-year-old veteran went 1-33 quicker than Fearns who finished in 1-26-11 whilst her son Harry Ives (Woolwich CC) rode home with the 15-year-old juvenile prize, posting a time of 1-01-20 to finish in a respectable 20th place overall.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Chris Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) 50.00
2. Nic Fennell (Thanet RC) 51.19
3. John Cockrill (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 53.49
4. Mark Hill (VeloRefined.com) 54.51
5. Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 54.56
6. Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com) 55.08
7. Nick Scott (Thanet RC) 55.23
8. Martin Jones (Gemini BC) 55.49
9. Adrian Hawkins (Thanet RC) 55.51
10. Mark Doxey (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 57.06
1. Elizabeth Ives (Woolwich CC) 1:24.38
2. Jenny Fearns (Thanet RC) 1:26.11
Veteran on Std: Mark Hill +13.23
Juvenile: Harry Ives (Woolwich CC) 1:01.20