Chris Fennell continued his imperious form as Debbie Percival topped the women’s category at the West Kent Road Club 25-mile event in Kent on Sunday.
Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) powered to a time of 50-19 which saw him take his 11th straight open time trial victory of the year ahead of his older brother Nic.
Nic Fennell (Thanet RC), who is two years his brother’s senior, finished 1-39 behind top spot in 51-58 but secured yet another second-placed spot, a comfortable 1-24 ahead of third.
That spot went to Dean Chiddention of Abellio-SFA Racing Team. The 42-year-old veteran who lives in Maidstone finished third in last week’s VTTA (Kent) 50 and his time of 53-22 maintained the turn in form.
Coming off the back of a third place in the VTTA (Kent) 50 last weekend, Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) got back to winning ways as she finished 2-28 ahead of her nearest rival, posting a time of 1-06-23.
Folkestone Velo Club pair Susan Walbrook and Tracy Wilkinson-Begg ran each other very close as the duo finished second and third behind Percival, they finished a mere two seconds apart with times of 1-08-51 and 1-08-53 respectively.
Men’s winner Chris Fennell will be looking to continue his supreme form next week as he bids to win the RTTC National 25 Championship.
Debbie Percival has had six top-three finishes prior with Sunday’s win taking her tally to seven, including two wins.
Fabien Large (Direct Power Cycling Team) was the fastest junior on the day with a time of 57-37.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Christopher Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) 50.19
2. Nicholas Fennell (Thanet RC) 51.58
3. Dean Chiddention (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 53.22
4. Dan Martin (University of Bath CC) 53.25
5. Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com) 54.09
6. John Osborn (Folkestone Velo Club) 55.06
7. Adrian Hawkins (Thanet RC) 55.45
8. Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 55.48
9. Martin Jones (Gemini BC) 55.58
10. Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com) 56.17
1. Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 1:06.23
2. Susan Walbrook (Folkestone Velo Club) 1:08.51
3. Tracy Wilkinson-Begg (Folkestone Velo Club) 1:08.53
Veteran: Dean Chiddention
Junior: Fabien Large (Direct Power Cycling Team) 57.37