If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Jackie Field dominated the women’s field while Matthew Senter powered to a close fought victory in the Cambridge CC 25-mile time trial on Sunday.
Experienced Team Velovelocity rider Senter continued a sensational 2018 by powering his way to yet another win victory.
In blustery conditions, the 38-year-old from Kings Lynn pumped in a time of 49-16 – only 31 seconds behind the F2A/25 course record that was set by last year’s winner Jonathan Wears.
Senter set off 50th with ten riders after him with Fabos Young (VeloElite RC) and Keith Murray (Drag2Zero) both pushing close, but he held on to take his 14th victory of the season.
Fabos Young was the nearest man to Senter, finishing just 12 seconds adrift. Young will have been ruing his missed opportunity to make it back-to-back wins after triumphing in the Northampton & District CA 10 last weekend.
The Murray clan were out in force for the time trial with Keith finishing in third place overall, only 26 seconds off the lead. The podium spot takes him to 16 for the season, including five wins.
Murray spoke of the testing conditions: “It was a little bit windy out there – it’s a two lap course with a head wind on the way out and quite gaily on the way back.”
Keith’s sons Sam and Ellis who also race for Drag2Zero, had fine performances with Sam finishing top junior in seventh overall with a time of 52-36 whilst younger brother Ellis, crossed the line in 1-06-24 to take the prize for top juvenile.
Jackie Field (CC Ashwell) was on hand to produce a dominating performance with a time of 56-00.
The 53-year-old racked up her ninth victory of the year to add to an already impressive season that includes a second place in the National 12-hour Championships and fifth in the National 100.
Karen Dennett (Bishops Stortford CC) was in second place but was ultimately no match for the imperious Field who was 8-15 better than her closest contender. Sally Withey finished third with a time of 1-06-14.
Jackie Field also took the prize for fastest veteran on standard with a +18-09.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Matthew Senter (Team Velovelocity) 49.16
2. Fabos Young (VeloElite RC) 49.28
3. Keith Murray (Drag2Zero) 49.42
4. Felix Barker (Cambridge University CC) 50.10
5. John Mulvey (Cambridge University CC) 50.23
6. Karl Willis (Herts Rouleurs RC) 52.29
7. Sam Murray (Drag2Zero) 52.36
8. Andy Stuart (Velo Club St Rafael) 53.03
9. Michael Vaal (Team Backstedt Bike Performance) 53.17
10. Matt Meek (West Suffolk Wheelers) 53.21
1. Jackie Field (CC Ashwell) 56.00
2. Karen Dennett (Bishops Stortford CC) 1:04.15
3. Sally Withey (Team Swift) 1:06.14
Junior: Sam Murray
Juvenile: Ellis Murray (Drag2Zero) 1:06.24
Vet on Std: Jackie Field +18.09