Tracey van der Merwe and Ross Clarke took victory in the Finsbury Park 25-mile time trial on Sunday morning.
Ross Clarke (TMG Horizon CT) took his second victory of the year in “rough conditions” with a comfortable 25-mile victory, finishing 2-42 ahead of second in a time of 52-59.
But the victory may be overshadowed as he will claim the bragging rights of the household after beating his dad Steve who finished in 10th.
Clarke will be becoming fond of Finsbury Park run events with his only prior victory in 2018 coming in last month’s Finsbury Park 50.
Christopher Wedge (Whitewebbs CC) was the first man behind Clarke in second, stopping the clock on 55-41.
Wedge also managed to claimed the prize for fastest veteran on standard as his time was +11.22 up on standard, beating out Steve Clarke (TMG Horizon CT) who was +9.47 better.
James Denham (Welwyn Wheelers) filled the last step of the podium with him covering the 25-mile distance in 56-36.
Tracey van der Merwe (Finchley RT) finished as quickest female in the field as she powered around the course to claim a 52 second victory over Helen Gravatt (CC Ashwell).
The 44-year-old posted a time of 1-07-02 to take the win.
Gravatt was second in 1-07-54 whilst Maria Fitzpatrick (London Women’s Racing CC) was third with a time of 1-14-38.
According to organisers, the say was “quite windy coming from the south, no rain but the forecasts and sky were threatening it – the conditions knocked everybody for six to be honest.”
The F10/25 course starts just outside of the village of Thundridge before turning onto the A10 with riders heading north to Puckeridge before heading south. Riders will reach the Turnford Interchange and head north on the A10 before reaching the finish near their starting point.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Ross Clarke (TMG Horizon CT) 52.59
2. Christopher Wedge (Whitewebbs CC) 55.41
3. James Denham (Welwyn Wheelers) 56.36
4. Gareth Wignall (Hertfordshire Wheelers) 58.43
5. Daryl Maffey (CC London) 59.21
6. Marcus Fink (Rapha Cycling Club) 59.26
7. Julian Pegg (Hitchin Nomads CC) 59.41
8. Toby Maloy (Team Milton Keynes) 1:00.43
9. Peter Anstey (Welwyn Wheelers) 1:01.11
10. Steve Clarke (TMG Horizon CT) 1:01.29
1. Tracey van der Merwe (Finchley RT) 1:07.02
2. Helen Gravatt (CC Ashwell) 1:07.54
3. Maria Fitzpatrick (London Women’s Racing CC)
Vets on Std:
1. Christopher Wedge +11.22
2. Steve Clarke +9.47
3. Richard Hutt (Harp RC) +8.40