Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) took his 12th victory of the season and came seven seconds short of the course record in the Rossington Wheelers 25, while Fiona Sharp (Team Swift) won the women’s event.
Despite a seven-mile headwind section on the return from Crowle slowing times down, Beldon set a winning time of 50 minutes and 59 seconds.
The 48-year-old from Leeds, who has been in emphatic form so far this season, fell just short of Connor Swift’s course record.
“It was quite windy on the second and fourth legs and the course is quite difficult in places,” said Beldon. “I started well but then died a bit on the back end of the course but kept my power on and stayed as aerodynamic as possible.
“The most disappointing thing was coming seven seconds short of Connor Swift’s course record, but he is a quality rider.
“I’m riding the Veteran National 25 next week where a top five placing would be good before the National Team Time Trial Championships and National 10.”
Triathlete Philip Graves (NOPINZ) was the only rider to come close to Beldon finishing second in 51.48, while Andrew Whiteley (Langsett Cycles Race Team) took third in 53.19.
Sharp, who also won the City Road Club 10 last month, started as favourite in the women’s event and showed why clocking a winning time of 1:01.39.
Alex Deck (Rutland Cycling Club) who won the Rossington Wheelers 10 earlier this year had to settle for second finishing in 1:02.23 while Louise Ryde (Team Swift) took third in 1:04.25.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill / Vanguard) 50.59
2. Philip Graves (NOPINZ) 51.48
3. Andrew Whiteley (Langsett Cycles Race Team) 53.19
4. Nick Latimer (Rutland Cycling Club) 53.44
5. Nick Moore (uk-featherflags/TRI Race Team) 54.29
6. Pete Laud (Common Lane Occasionals) 55.26
7. James Bell (Rutland Cycling Club) 56.25
8. Shawn Gough (Tuxford Clarion CC) 56.29
9. Alan Cooke (Peak Road Club) 57.16
10. Michael Dodson (uk-featherflags/TRI Race Team) 57.25
1. Fiona Sharp (Team Swift) 1:01.39
2. Alex Deck (Rutland Cycling Club) 1:02.23
3. Louise Ryde (Team Swift) 1:04.25
4. Sarah Harrison (Sheffield Triathlon Club) 1:04.54
5. Alix Archer (Maxx RT) 01:05.14
6. Mary O'shea (Tickhill Velo Club) 1:07.31